Chapter 62

Aliyah P.O.V.

"Did you get a chance to see mama before you left this morning?" I threw my bookbag in the backseat of AJ's car, buckiling my seatbelt.

"I went to the room, but daddy said she was sleeping, all those meds she has to take makes her sleep majority of the day."

He nodded. "Yeah, I wanted to talk to her last night before I went to bed, but she was knocked out on the couch, so pops carrie her to their room."

I sighed. ".....I think it's so crazy that she lost the baby....I mean, everything was fine, then all of a sudden- boom, no baby."

"I know, and Auntee Kerri is bringing her son by today after school, so Im curious to see how that's gunna turn out."

I frowned. "She is? Shouldn't she give mama some time? I mean, she just got out the hospital a day ago."

"Mama suggested it, I heard them on the phone and she said she wanted to see her nephew, but shouldn't she still be restin or some shit? She just pushed out a whole baby."

I chuckled. "Yeah, some people bounce back faster than others, alot of people leave the hospital the day after they give birth, so Im not suprised."

"Oh." He mumbled.

"Did she say what time after school? Because Im working today." He shook his head. "Nah, but Im sure mama you'll be there for it, knowing them, they'll be talking for hours."

"True."

I turned my head, looking out the window.

"Aye, so when you fena get your car back? Cause this ain't no uber service." I rolled my eyes turning back to him.

"I don't know, and you were the one that offered me a ride."

"Yeah, that one day, ever since then you been hopping yo ass in my car like Im your personal chaffuer."

I rolled my eyes again. "We're going to the same place, so it's not that big of a deal nigga."

"Whatever." He mumbled.

"So I heard you asked Marissa to the prom." I said, changing the subject. I placed a huge smile on my face and pinched his cheek.

"Look at my little brother tryna be romantic and what not."

He sucked his teeth, taking one hand off the wheel, swatting my hand away. "Chill out, it ain't even all that serious."

I smacked my lips together. "That's not what I heard, where'd you get the money to buy that diamond bracelet?"

He sighed, shaking his head. "I shoulda never got y'all talking again, now you all up in my business."

I smirked. "Are you gunna tell me?"

"No."

"Please."

"No."

"Pretty Please."

"No."

"Pretty please with a cherry on top."

He sighed. "No."

"Pretty please with a cherry and sprinkles o-"

"Okay, damn." He said, cutting me off.

I smiled. "I had some saved up from allowance, and when I used to help pops at his office."

I frowned. "Okay? But that still doesn't cover the majority of that bracelet, she showed it to me, and I know that has to be worth over 200k, I mean it was Cartier for christ sake."