Chapter 50

Amara P.O.V

"So, you never told me how the sessions been going for you this week, do you like Dr.Lori?" I twirled my straw around in my milkshake, slightly nodding my head. "Yeah....she's cool."

Mama smiled. "Good, are you opening up to her some? I know it's only been a week so far, but I just wanna know how it's going."

"Yeah...we're talking mama." Her smile grew a little wider. "...That's good....so are you still keeping your sessions with her private, or can I join in?" I paused for a second, not sure how to answer her.

Before my first visit ith Dr.Lori, mam told me I had the option of having a solo session with her, or having a group session with her and daddy. I chose to have solo sessions since I wasn't comfortable with sharing everything with them right now. I needed more time before I could think about involving them.

"....I kinda just want to keep my sessions with Dr.Lori private right now." Her smile faded a little. "Oh....okay, as long as your getting the help....I guess that's all that matters."

She let out a weak smile before taking a sip of her milkshake. We had been sitting at this icecream parlor for about 30 minutes, trying to spend sometime together. I guess since I started these sessions, Dr.Lori suggested that we should start spending atleast two days out of the week together, when the both of us had some free time.

And since mama is only off on certain weekends, this Saturday night was the first night we decided to go out and attempt to bond with one another. It was kind of awkward sitting here with one another, since we usually go our seperate ways in the house, but this is what Dr.Lori wanted us to do, so here we are.

"Have you talked to daddy?" I asked, breaking the silence. ".....I haven't heard from him since.....well you know..."I trailed off.

"Actually no, I haven't. We haven't spoken since I picked you up from his house a few weekends ago...you want me to call him for you?" I shook my head.

"No....I was just wondering if you heard from him.....I wasn't sure if I still was suppose to go over there this weekend...Im not sure if Im wanted there....or if it's drama free or not."

Mama frowned. "Wanted there? That's your father, your always welcomed in his house, just because he was upset with you, doesn't mean he stopped welcoming you in his house, and as far as his situation with that woman Miranda, you won't have to worry about her much longer okay?"

I frowned. "Why'd you say that?"

She slightly smiled, taking another sip from her shake. "I just heard some things, just don't worry about it, everything will be back to normal soon."

I lifted a brow. "Heard some things from who? Daddy?" She chuckled a little. "Maybe."

I sat there silent for a second. Half of me wanted to bring up the fact that dady said they were still sleeping together at Miranda's party, but the other half of me wasn't sure if I should bring it up or not.

".....Can I ask you something?" She looked up and me and nodded her head. "Yeah sure baby, wassup?

I hesistated for a second. "....Are you and daddy getting back together?" She smiled a little. "Why'd you think that?"

"Because." I started."...When that whole thing broke out at Miranda's party...he kinda blurted out something..."

She lifted a brow. "Something like what?"

"....That you two were...you know..."

She cleared her throat, unsure of what to say. "...Your father and I have been spending some time together...and in the misdt of that time, we were talking about reconsidering certain aspects of our relationship."