Heartfelt Conversations

Previously:

Now, with her gaze fixed on him, Sakura yielded to an irresistible impulse. She wrapped her arms around his neck, closing the gap between them with deliberate steps. Syaoran's fiery amber eyes locked onto hers, holding her in an enchanting trance. They closed their eyes in unison, drawn together like magnets in slow-motion. Their hearts raced, yet beat in perfect synchrony. As their arms tightened around each other, they were pulled irresistibly closer, and their knees grew weak. They leaned into the embrace, suspended in a moment that seemed to stretch infinitely.

---------

CRASH!

The sudden, thunderous noise erupted from the kitchen, jolting Sakura and Syaoran from their near-kiss moment. Their faces flushed with embarrassment as they hastily pulled away from each other. Syaoran sighed softly, grateful for the timely interruption. With curiosity piqued and cheeks still tinged with a rosy hue, Syaoran made his way to the kitchen. To his right, a massive bag of flour lay strewn across the floor, its contents spilled like a powdery snowstorm. To the left, a dishevelled Meilin sat on the floor, a white dusting of flour covering her from head to toe.

"Oww..." Meilin groaned in pain, slowly rising from her flour-coated perch. Unaware that Syaoran was observing the scene, she began to dust off her clothes.

"What's happening here?" Syaoran asked, his voice laced with a gentle attempt to hide his initial irritation.

"Syaoran?!" Meilin exclaimed, finally noticing her cousin's presence. "I was trying my hand at cooking, but then I tripped over something on the floor. The flour went everywhere after I banged my head on the hanging pans." She explained, gingerly brushing the flour from her clothes.

Syaoran offered a warm smile and his hand to Meilin. "It's alright. Let's clean up this mess first, and I'll help you with the cooking afterward."

Taking his hand in hers, Meilin hoisted herself back onto her feet, sporting an unmistakable look of annoyance.

"I'm sorry for the noise just now, I hope It didn't interrupt anything?" Meilin expressed, her voice tinged with a touch of melancholy.

Syaoran, not wanting to admit his embarrassment, feigned nonchalance, averting his gaze. "Oh, you didn't interrupt anything," he fibbed.

Meilin, not one to let things slide, retorted with an exasperated sigh, having observed his beet-red face. "Oh, of course not," she replied, clearly perturbed by his dishonesty.

Though Meilin cherished her cousin dearly and shared a close bond with him, it irked her when he blatantly lied.

"Syaoran, everything alright?" Sakura casually inquired as she wandered into the kitchen, finding the pair in the midst of cleaning up.

"Yes, Kinomoto, everything is fine here," Meilin replied before Syaaoran had a chance, her gaze on Sakura held a subtle curiosity, trying to discern any clues about what transpired between Sakura and Syaoran.

Sakura, sensing the probing look, decided to divert the conversation. "I need to head out anyway and buy the stuff I need to make for dinner tonight," she announced, attempting to shift the topic away from any potential awkwardness.

Meilin, not one to be easily deterred, flashed a mischievous smile and pressed on. "Kinomoto, you would tell me if something happened between you and Syaoran, right?" She couldn't resist the chance to tease and inquire further.

"Huh? Of course I would," Sakura replied with a soft blush colouring her face. She gave a slight bow, a subtle sign of her sincerity, before turning to leave the room.