Clow Reed Returns

A few weeks earlier in Hong Kong;

In a dimly lit room, a young woman with long, obsidian hair intricately braided, cascading like a waterfall down her back, sat in perfect serenity on the unforgiving, ice-cold concrete floor. Her eyes, concealed behind closed lids, reflected profound concentration, etching determination into her porcelain features.

Her legs crossed gracefully, arms outstretched like a ritualistic offering, palms upturned on her knees. She wore regal, ancient Chinese robes that draped her form entirely, forming an immaculate, circular cocoon around her feet, the rich silk whispering secrets of a bygone era.

Just a few more seconds, she whispered in her mind, her lips curling into a sly, almost sinister grin.

"3...2...1"

With uncanny precision, the room convulsed violently, its structural integrity shattering into a cacophony of chaos. Debris rained down like the remnants of forgotten history. Rising to her feet, the young woman's lips curled into a triumphant smile, her eyes gleaming with malevolent satisfaction. "Now that I am free," she murmured in a hushed, chilling tone, her eyes aglow with an inner fire, "I will seek you out, Clow Reed, and make you rue the eternity you trapped me within."

As her voice rose, filled with righteous fury, she gazed around her new, twisted realm. With a deliberate motion, she drew her hands together, her eyes closing in unwavering concentration. Her magic surged, a torrent of energy focused on pinpointing the elusive aura of Clow Reed.

"Found you," she hissed with wicked delight, vanishing into the air, a shroud of inky smoke.

Present day in Japan;

It had been a strange first day without the Li cousins to hang out with. Tomoyo had already decided it was for the best to keep Sakura's mind active and off a certain chinese boy. They went around many shops looking at the new styles that were in fashion. Tomoyo really enjoyed browsing all the new clothes, looking for inspiration she could use for her next battle outfits. Tomoyo always carried a notebook and pen with her, making notes on what she thought was good and what she felt could be improved.

As the two girls turned a corner, Sakura halted abruptly in her tracks.

"What's wrong, Sakura?" Tomoyo's voice held a hint of concern as she joined Sakura in scanning the bustling streets.

Sakura's brows furrowed with intensity. "I could have sworn I sensed Clow Reed's presence, not far from here." Her emerald eyes darted restlessly through the shifting sea of people, desperately seeking a trace of that unmistakable aura.

"Clow Reed? Are you absolutely sure?" Tomoyo's curiosity was tinged with a touch of scepticism. After all, the only person they knew with an aura akin to Clow Reed's was Eriol Hiiragizawa, who currently resided in England. Tomoyo had no magical powers herself, but her astute observations often compensated for it.

Sakura nodded, her determination unwavering. "It was just for a moment, but I'm certain. It was his presence."

Tomoyo's hand gently found Sakura's, offering both solace and assurance. With a reassuring smile, she steered her friend down another aisle in the fashionable shop. "Don't worry, Sakura. If Hiragizawa truly is here, I'm sure he will reveal himself. For now, let's focus on brighter things, like these amazing outfits. Who knows, we might even find something for your next adventure!"

-----

Sakura sat diligently at her desk, a fortress of textbooks and papers surrounding her as if guarding her from the distractions of her room. Kero, on the other hand, perched on her bed with a tray of cookies that had mysteriously multiplied since he began eating.