Dreams and Shadows

In a desolate, abandoned mill, a teacher diligently guided his student through the intricacies of focus and blocking out distractions.

"Once more," Eriol calmly directed, his steps tracing a circle around Sakura, who sat upon the cold, unforgiving floor with her legs crossed. As sweat trickled down the young girl's face, her determination waned with each failed attempt to summon one of her Sakura Cards. Eriol, however, was unwavering in his commitment to her progress. "Again!" his voice commanded, this time tinged with a touch of urgency.

"I can't," Sakura lamented in exasperation, her frustration etched across her features.

Eriol's determination only deepened. "Nonsense. Once more!" he urged, his voice carrying a weight of insistence.

"I can't, Eriol," Sakura cried out, her voice tinged with the agony of defeat.

"You can, Sakura," Eriol retorted, unwavering. "Do not convince yourself otherwise. I brought us to this forsaken mill to enhance your concentration."

"Now, take a deep breath and give it another try," Eriol instructed, his voice unwavering in its firmness.

Sakura offered a feeble apology, her body feeling drained from the strenuous efforts.

Eriol, aware of the urgency of their situation, pressed on, emphasising the importance of maintaining her magical prowess. "Time is not on our side. Calista is an immensely powerful sorceress and it won't be long before she locates us. You cannot afford to let your magic waver."

These words resounded with Sakura, filling her with a determination not to disappoint her tutor, who had dedicated considerable time to her. She took a moment to regain her composure, her focus unwavering as she closed her eyes, silencing the cacophony of distractions. Soon, the raw magic coursed through her, and Eriol couldn't help but smile as he sensed the magic stabilising within her.

However, a brilliant light suddenly erupted, enveloping the book and Sakura in its radiant embrace. The intensity of the light forced Eriol to shut his eyes tightly. As the brilliance subsided, he was able to discern Sakura's distinctive magic circle beneath her. Pride welled up within him, akin to a parent witnessing their child's first steps.

"Oh my God!" Sakura's exclamation brought Eriol back to reality, and it took him a moment to comprehend the unfolding events.

"Sakura, what's wrong?" The concerned boy inquired, his eyes filled with worry.

"I did it! I was able to summon the Fly Card," Sakura exclaimed with joy, though her elation was short-lived as her gaze dropped to the ground. "But I couldn't activate the card into its true form."

Eriol reassured her with a warm smile. "That's okay. You've done exceptionally well to summon the Fly Card from the book. Don't worry about unlocking its full potential just yet."

Sakura, feeling encouraged, rose to her feet and brushed off her clothes with one hand. Eriol picked up her book, safeguarding the Cards within, and handed it back to her. Sakura expressed her gratitude, and in the blink of an eye, they vanished from sight.

Later that evening, Sakura was indulging in a relaxing bath when her mobile phone unexpectedly began to ring. She lazily reached over to a nearby shelf, not bothering to check the caller ID, and held the phone to her ear. "Hello, Sakura here," she answered calmly, gently swirling her hand in the warm bathwater beside her.

A familiar male voice responded, "Hey, it's me."

"Syaoran!" Sakura exclaimed suddenly, her excitement nearly causing her to drop her mobile into the water.

"Oi, not so loud," Syaoran chided her. Without receiving a proper reply, Syaoran strained to discern what was happening on the other end of the line, but all he could make out was the sound of splashing water and a few less-than-pleasant words from Sakura.