Amusement Park Adventures

Sakura sat on her bedroom floor, her legs crossed and her eyes closed as she focused on her magic. Kero perched on Sakura's desk, next to the Sakura book, watching attentively.

Tomoyo and Syaoran sat quietly on Sakura's bed, with Tomoyo diligently recording the entire session.

"Concentrate, Sakura. Don't let frustration get the best of you," Kero encouraged, speaking in a calm and reassuring tone.

An hour had already passed, and there seemed to be no improvement in Sakura's magic. She opened her eyes, a look of defeat clouding her face.

"It's no good Kero. I just can't do it, I'm getting too frustrated with this." Sakura complained.

Every night for the past week had followed the same routine. Everyone would gather in Sakura's bedroom to provide support and witness her training with the Cards. Unfortunately, the results were consistently disappointing, leaving Sakura increasingly frustrated with herself.

"It's okay, Sakura. What you're trying to do is a significant challenge, and nobody expects you to master it overnight," Tomoyo offered her unwavering support. Sakura returned a small smile as she stood up.

"Don't let it get you down. Remember,it took Clow Reed many years to master this as well," Syaoran added with a reassuring tone. "And don't forget, the Sakura Cards are more potent now than they were back then."

"Don't push your magic beyond what you're ready for. Your mind will catch up to your magic in due time," Kero reassured them all with a warm smile.

"I know it's frustrating that I can't do it right now. Knowing I've done it before just makes me angry. If I could just summon one Card from the book, I'd be satisfied," Sakura sighed, walking over to the book and placing it back in a drawer of her dressing table.

"Sakura, it's getting late. It's time for your friends to head home before it gets too dark," her father's voice called up, interrupting the group's conversation.

"Okay, Dad, be down in a minute," Sakura called back in response.

At the front door, Sakura gently took hold of Syaoran's arm, preventing him from leaving. Syaoran turned around, only to find Sakura's face flushed with colour.

"Syaoran, about last week. I know I haven't been acting like myself around you since that night," Sakura began, still holding on. "I just want you to know that it's not your fault."

"Can we talk about it tomorrow?" She asked, looking nervous.

Syaoran gave a small nod, and Sakura released her grip on him before closing the front door once he had left.

"Sakura, you can't be getting distracted by boys. You need to focus on your magic," Kero whispered into Sakura's ear.

"Syaoran only has a few days left in Japan before he has to go back home. I need to talk to him about something important," Sakura explained.

"If it's not about your magic, then why haven't you talked to him already?" Kero asked his mistress.

"It's not. It's about something else that needs to be discussed," Sakura said with a determined voice.

Later that evening Syaoran sat on his bed, his gaze fixed on a framed picture. His concentration wavered momentarily when he heard a knock at his door. Without looking up from the picture, the door creaked open, and Meilin entered.

"Wow," Meilin blurted out, spotting the photo in her cousin's hand. "I don't remember this picture being taken. Daidouji really knows how to capture the moment."

"Yeah, she does," Syaoran chuckled.

"Aw... You two look so happy," she gushed. "Then again, I can't see a reason why you both wouldn't be."