Sakura's Stealthy Pursuit

The following day seemed to drag on for Sakura and Tomoyo as they observed Eriol being bombarded with questions from their curious classmates. Everyone was eager to learn about his recent activities in his hometown and why he had returned to Japan. Sakura listened as Eriol provided a vague explanation for his sudden return, but she couldn't shake her scepticism. With the class engrossed in their conversation with Eriol, Tomoyo and Sakura found a moment to discuss the unusual aura they had sensed the previous night.

"Hey, Sakura," Tomoyo began in a discreet tone, "any thoughts on that peculiar aura you and Kero detected last night?"

Sakura shook her head, her expression thoughtful. "Sorry Tomoyo, Kero and I racked our brains after you left, but we couldn't come up with any answers."

Tomoyo offered a suggestion, her gaze briefly drifting toward Eriol. "Maybe Hiiragizawa knows something. His return might be connected somehow."

Sakura sighed, her chin resting on her folded hands. "I just hope it doesn't disrupt the peace I've found. I've had my fill of magical creatures and dangers."

Tomoyo offered a comforting smile. "I understand Sakura, but magic isn't all bad. Without it, you might never have met Li"

At the mention of Syaoran's name, Sakura's eyes welled up with emotion. Tomoyo discreetly handed her a tissue to wipe away the tears.

"I'm sorry for upsetting you," Tomoyo reassured her friend, placing a comforting hand on Sakura's shoulder. "I know how much you love him."

Sakura nodded, her eyes glistening with unshed tears. "Thank you." Her voice carried a hint of longing as she allowed her thoughts to drift back to Syaoran.

As the day drew to a close and the bustling classroom emptied with students eager to get home, Sakura chose to stay behind. She meticulously organised her schoolwork, ensuring that every assignment was completed to perfection. It was a way to keep her mind occupied, to stave off the persistent ache of missing Syaoran.

Placing her books neatly in her school bag, she felt a sudden, inexplicable sensation. What was that? I could have sworn I felt something just now.

Sakura glanced around the empty classroom. A decision formed in her mind. "I should investigate this while I'm still here," she muttered to herself. Her fingers fidgeted with the star key pendant hanging around her neck.

"RELEASE!" She commanded and a radiant light enveloped her. A magic circle appeared beneath her feet, and her star key transformed into a staff with the star at its focal point. Satisfied with the transformation, Sakura withdrew two pink cards and tossed them into the air.

Sakura, ever determined, issued her commands, her voice resonating with unwavering resolve. "Shadow! Shield! Merge together to render me unseen."

A mysterious, inky force field enveloped her, glowing with a sinister hue, as if drawing shadows into its embrace. Standing in the same spot, Sakura became an ethereal enigma, shrouded from prying eyes. Her presence vanished from sight, leaving no trace for anyone to detect.

In her concealed state, Sakura stealthily traversed the labyrinthine hallways, searching for the source of that enigmatic aura. An hour passed, and her quest proved fruitless as she roamed the school grounds. She contemplated calling it a day when, out of the blue, that same aura beckoned to her.

With a wry grin on her face, Sakura followed the invisible trail. Her pursuit led her to a mysterious young woman donned in traditional Chinese robes, her back turned to Sakura.

"Why have you come to Japan, Clow Reed?" The young woman's voice rang out, a mysterious edge to her words.

Sakura observed from a discreet distance, straining to catch more than just a glimpse of the woman. She was cautious not to venture too close, wary of her magic's potential to fail. After hours of watching, Sakura's quest yielded no substantial information. She decided to conclude her investigation and begin the long journey back home. Eager to conserve her magical reserves, she rose to her feet and gracefully rollerbladed her way back to her house.

----------

Upon reaching her front door, Sakura sat down on the doorstep, carefully removing her rollerblades before entering her home.

"Hello, I'm back!" Sakura announced her return, her voice resonating through the house.

Touya's voice echoed from the kitchen, a teasing tone lacing his words. "Running a bit late again, monster?"

Sakura's brow furrowed in frustration. "I am not a monster," she insisted, abandoning her rollerblades in a pile on the floor and heading straight upstairs, paying little heed to her brother's playful taunts.

Upon opening her bedroom door, Sakura was met with a visibly agitated Kero. "Sakura! Where have you been? I couldn't sense your presence for quite a while!"

Sakura apologised, "I'm sorry, Kero. I must have forgotten to reestablish my magical protection after I'd distanced myself enough to avoid detection." She waved her hand, dispelling the magical force field that cloaked her earlier. Then, a question struck her. "But how did you still see me through the barrier?"

Kero, with a hint of annoyance in his voice, reminded her, "It's my duty to sense the Clow Cards, Sakura. Have you forgotten who I am?"

"Remember, I've been closely connected to the Clow Cards for many years, and I can sense their presence from quite a distance. The force field you created was rather basic, intended to keep anyone you chose from finding you," Kero continued to explain, crossing his tiny arms.

"But I didn't want to be found by anyone, especially since I wasn't sure who or what I was looking for. So how were you able to see me?" Sakura asked again, her tone taking on a touch of frustration.

Kero replied, "I couldn't for a while. Your powers are developing rapidly, but you still don't possess enough magic to maintain that level of power for extended periods. By the time you got home, your magic had weakened enough for me to locate you."

Hearing that her powers were still not quite up to her expectations, Sakura found herself doubting her own magical abilities.

"You mentioned you were looking for someone. Do you have any idea who it might be?" Kero inquired, curious about the reason behind Sakura's use of the force field.

Sakura replied, "I'm not entirely sure who it is. All I could discern was the unusual magical aura that we've been sensing. It seems to belong to a woman dressed in traditional Chinese robes, and she appears to be searching for Clow Reed."

Kero interjected, "How do you know she's looking for Clow Reed?"

Sakura explained, "The woman spoke aloud, questioning why Clow Reed had come to Japan and what his purpose was. It seems like that might be the reason Eriol is here. So, we can rest easy about that now." Sakura concluded, a hint of satisfaction in her voice.

A/N; (Edited 02/11/23)

So that's the reason why Eriol is here in Japan? or is Sakura just not giving it much thought because she misses Syaoran?