Chapter 64- And There Was Annalise's Escape

Henry
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Have you gone mad? Spent too much time in the closet, Henry?" Hazalen grasped the sides of her chair, gaping at me.

"Yes I have, but never again." I sat on the desk, signing in contemplation.

"This isn't a joke, Henry." Landon folded his arms, looking toward the ground,"We are talking about the Prince of Deltora leaving his post. He's supposed to become king in less than a month! He can't just run away from his duties-"

"Don't you see? He would be running toward his duties." I interrupted him, rolling my eyes. "It's quite simple, really. You understand warfare better than anybody, Landon. A small group of invaders work better than a large army to defeat an enemy at the source."

"What's that going to do for Damien and Annalise?" Hazalen threw her hands up, disbelief filled her voice.

"The king will see that unifying Deltora with another kingdom isn't necessary anymore. There are other reasons I can't name, but this is the best answer I can give you presently."

"This is insane, Henry! Descuvi is filled with crooks and murders consumed by the rage. We could be killed." Landon glanced over at Hazalen, but she only stared at me.

"What if Annalise becomes consumed by the rage? She's a full-born Descuvi, you know."

"What if the king thinks Damien was kidnapped?"

"What if Annalise gets pregnant!"

"What? I'm tired of your questions! Obviously coming to you two wasn't the solution." I curled my hand into a fist, turning back away from them to scheme.

Drats! I couldn't tell them Annalise was the Princess!

"I just think it's impractical. I don't understand why we would have to come too." Landon tried to get my attention back.

"Also, I'm not trained in fighting. I wouldn't know how to pick up a sword, more or less infiltrate a kingdom." Hazalen agreed with him.

Bafoons! Both of them!

Damien and Annalise falling in love had to be a sign. Fate worked in funny ways, and I believe that their love was the key to preventing an all-out war.

Descuvi held power in dozens of poor kingdoms, using fear to control them in the shadows. Most of the staff working in these kingdoms were Descuvi, and they used their power to hide behind their kings. If it came down to it, thousands of innocent lives would be lost on both sides.

I cannot let this happen like it did to my cousin.

"King Eggar of Deltora wanted Damien to end the war between our kingdoms, and we have the chance to do it. I can't explain the full details right now, but we were brought together for a reason. We are all companions with Damien and Annalise for a purpose- this is our destiny!" I remarked, my fist still clenched as I turned back around.

"Yeah, I'm out. You can continue to scheme, but I'm taking Hazalen home." Landon stood up, grabbing Hazalen's hand.

"I want Damien and Annalise to be together, but I don't think this is the right way to go about it. It's just too dangerous." Hazalen agreed, giving me a look of sympathy.

"It's alright. You guys will come around soon." I smiled at both of them. Hazalen shook her head at me, turning away with a sympathetic grin. Landon pulled her out of the shop, obviously frustrated by my plans.

Time to have a chat with Annalise.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Annalise

"Open, dammit!" Damien threw the box against the wall, trying to break it.