Chapter 55- And There Was The Princess of Tarzla

Annalise
*~*~*~*~*~*

"Good morning, beautiful." A deep voice gently woke me from my sleep, massaging my head.

"Good morning, handsome." I replied, placing my hands on his bare chest to look up at him,"Are you excited for your dinner tonight?"

"You mean you?" He winked at me, trying to play it off. I rolled my eyes- he knew that I wasn't enthralled he was dining with a princess- but his voice was so deep in the morning, it made up for it.

Little does he know he's always with one all along!

"Well, I think I'm going to go home today." I rolled out of bed, stretching my arms.

"What? You aren't moving back in, are you?" He let his panic show, not caring that I knew he wanted me to stay in the castle.

"I just need to grab something important." I reassured him with a smile,"I'm not leaving your side, Damien. I need you."

"That's what I like to hear, sweetheart." He came up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and placed a kiss on my cheek,"Do you want me to come with you?"

"No, I need to do this alone. Henry and Hazalen will be coming with me if that makes you feel any better."

"Alright, just be careful, okay?" He let me go, and I opened the hatch to the secret tunnel. I could tell he hesitated, wanting to say three particular words before I left, but didn't want me to feel uncomfortable with having to say it back.

Gods dammit... I want to say it.

I want to say it back so bad.

But instead, I walked down the dark set of stairs,"As long as Henry's there, I'll be fine."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Breakfast was held in Henry's room this morning. Usually, it was held in the grand hall, but because of the damn feast tonight, the cooks were busy making the menu for dinner.

This royal feast is just fucking up everything, isn't it!

"What's wrong, Annalise?" Hazalen asked me, sipping her peach tea empty.

"Damien is dining with the Princess of Tarzla tonight." I remarked with not ounce of enthusiasm.

Henry gasped, peeping his head out of his closet,"Not dark haired-big boobs!"

"Dark haired-big boobs?" Hazalen arched a brow at Henry.

"That's all I remember about her. Well that, and she was flirting with the prince," Henry's voice died off, returning to his closet. I felt heat rush to my cheeks, the thought of Damien and some "dark haired-big boobs" eating together.

She most definitely was trying to ask the King for his hand in marriage.

At least, her father would discuss their relationship with King Eggar. I couldn't help but feel hatred toward the Princess, she was coming after what was mine. I wanted to stake my claim, but I felt helpless without a proper title.

After all, to the outside world- I was an orphan.

I am a helpless girl living in the castle with her classmates whom took pity on me. I have no title, no occupation, no power.

Could I truly ever be with Damien the way I yearned for? The constant conflict in my heart mentally exhausted me sometimes, holding the weight of my past and of the future. I wanted to be by his side without boundaries, not just publicly but in a boundless love. I could never have power without staking the claim of my heritage, but this idea was simply impossible.