Chapter 67- And There Was The End to the Beginning

Henry
*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"This weekend!" I started flipping through papers in my briefcase, wanting to split every one of them in half.

So. Much. Planning.

"You've got to be kidding me." I dotted my forehead with my handkerchief, feeling utterly panicked.

"I haven't even talked to the cargo ships yet, telling Hazalen was the first step, and-"

"Henry, I need to know if this is still possible. Could we leave Deltora by this weekend?" Annalise placed her hands on the table, staring down at me. A fire rose in her eyes that I hadn't seen before, she was so determined.

"Yes. I can make it work, Princess." I replied, a smile on my face. The sound of true adventure was calling my name, the chance to be written in history books as the hero. Henry Star, the cunning, charming man who was always in fashion, ended the Rage of  Demotis.

And of corse the part of saving thousands of lives.

She smiled at me,"Let me know if there is anything I can do."

"Well I guess we can still execute the first step." I shrugged, looking back down at the papers. I already had fifteen tasks left to do by the end of today if we wanted to leave.

"What's that?"

"It's time to tell Hazalen."

*~*~*~*~*~*

Annalise worriedly glanced at me as we walked through the palace garden. I smiled back, secretly plucking a rose behind me. I handed it to her as a gentleman would, and the corner of her mouth rose.

She must be very nervous.

When we arrived at the picnic, Hazalen was already there. After Annalise told me the news this morning, I immediately called for a picnic with the gals and gays only.

"So you guys are finally official?"

"Yes, and I've never been happier. Now that Landon and Isabelle's contract is broken, he apologized to me, knowing the decision he made for his father was not worth the consequences of loosing me. I can't blame him, in all honesty." Hazalen slightly smirked sipping on her peach tea.

"He wrote me letters of everything he wanted to tell me the past year. He's such a romantic." She sighed, laying back onto the blanket.

"It feels so nice out today." Annalise stalled, yet again. I raised an eyebrow at her, and she looked away. She needed to get the ball rolling, because if we want to leave this weekend it's going to take Hazalen some convincing.

"Dark-haired big boobs is coming back this weekend." I stated, glancing at Annalise again. Hazalen sat back up, also glancing at her best friend in a serious manner. She knew what this meant, especially after Damien's birthday tomorrow.

"We can't let this happen, Annalise. We have to do something about it. She can't marry him, she could never be Deltorian material-"

"We have a plan." Annalise's voice was sharp. Hazalen halted her speech, waiting for Annalise to continue. Her eyes were wide and glanced to me, than back at Annalise- she has never used such a tone before.

"I know I've kept a lot of secrets from you, Hazalen. Ever since I was kidnapped by the Bendlar clan, I've been lying to you about my heritage."

"I knew you weren't taken because of the prince. But we were all so happy you were back that I didn't think twice about it. What really happened?"

Annalise took another breath, looking her best friend in the eyes. "My birth mother was not a seamstress. My father is still alive, and wreaking havoc on everything he can get his hands on. I am the lost Princess of Descuvi."

Hazalen's eyebrows rose, taking in the information. Instead of causing a scene, or crying for her best friend's harmful future, she asked,"Is that it?"

"Wh-what do you mean?" Annalise stuttered, not expecting such a reaction.

"I mean, nobody died? I'm more worried about big boobs-"

"Hold on, did you already know about this?" I asked her.

"No, but I knew both of you were up to something fishy. Either that, or somebody died."

"So you don't care that I am the daughter of a mad king who would love the chance to burn Deltora to the ground?" Annalise rephrased, not comprehending how Hazalen was so understanding.

"Well, it causes a lot of problems for you and Damien for sure. You could never be anything like your father, Annalise. Your mother never looked anything like you either. It's not hard to believe, and the safest place for you would honestly be in the enemy territory away from your father. She was smart." Hazalen remarked, sipping her tea with a smile.

Annalise turned to look at me with her mouth agape, and I barked a laugh. Of corse Hazalen wouldn't care, she only wanted the best for Annalise. After almost loosing her to the Bendlar clan, none of us seem to care what or who Annalise is- she's our family.

"By the way, I'm not calling you Princess. All the princesses I've come to meet are complete bitches." She remarked, giving Annalise a hug. They both smiled, and I wanted to capture the moment forever.

Our life was about to change, and it would be a long time before we ever saw the gardens again. The trip to Descuvi was going to be dangerous, and we wouldn't have the luxury of being under castle walls anymore, safe. Every night was going to be hard to find a place to sleep. Every moment we spent out of Deltora, we had to be on high alert. Moments like these were going to be scarce, and I wanted to relish in it.

"I'm joining!" I tackled them to the ground, and we all laughed in glee.

"So what's the plan?" Hazalen asked, all of us breathing heavily on the ground.

Annalise started,"Well..."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

END OF BOOK 1: The Badboy Prince just Can't Resist

UPDATE: Book 2 RELEASED:
The Badboy Prince is Completely Whipped

Wow. I'm finally finished with this book! It's been so so long. The next book is going to be filled with adventure, and more magic, romance- everything. It's going to be really hectic, with plot twists and crazy events.

I really hope you decide to read it, and continue the adventure with Annalise, Damien, Hazalen, Landon, HENRY!!, and Jack. Descuvi is a whole new ballgame, and I can't wait for you all to see what's in store.

Thank you for reading this book. It means so much to me, I've spent so much time editing it and coming up with original content. This forever be my "baby", and I enjoyed writing the start of Annalise and Damien's adventure.

I'm not sure yet if there will be a third book, but I have a feeling that it is very much possible. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask on my account or in the comments.

I love you all, and thank you for picking up the badboy prince just can't resist.

Book 2: The Badboy Prince is Completely Whipped, is coming up next!!