Chapter 11- And There Was the Fight pt. 2

Damien

I sat there for an hour, my arms crossed angrily. I was going to miss music with Annalise, this was taking way too long.

I already knew what the boys were going to say... that Cole started the fight. They wouldn't dare say me, they know I could ruin any aspect of their life if so.

What made me even angrier was that Cole was going to get out it. His mom is dating Mr.Roswell; he wouldn't be able to afford the school in the first place, but dating the schools principal definitely has its benefits.

If only Mrs. Reynolds knew the truth about him.

Finally, I was the last guy in line. I was just waiting impatiently, about to be interrogated by the big, bad, principal. I wanted to scoff aloud. If I wanted to, I could have the principle down in an heartbeat. The door to the office opened and I smiled immensely once I saw a familiar face.

Annalise.

"Damien?" She questions, a little bit of worry I caught in her voice.

She's worried about me.

My anger dissipated,"That's my name. What can I do for you, Woods?" She just made my day that much better, just for caring. I was quite surprised she was talking to me, even worried about me. We hadn't talked the last two days of last week, plus the weekend. That's four days in total without hearing her sweet voice.

I didn't want to scare her after I called her out. She probably thought I was a creep, looking up her records; telling her I knew she was lying. She was hiding something and I wanted to find out, but I also wanted to give her time to trust me. I wanted to hear it from her.

"Wha-what are you doing here?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowed and her nose wrinkled.

"You haven't heard?" I arch one eyebrow.

"Heard what," she was still confused.

"He must be sending us home." I mutter and pinch the end of my nose.

"What?" Annalise questions in surprise.

"I got into a fight." I state calmly. I watch her reaction intently, a laugh about to escape my lips. She was very worried, very worried indeed.

"Are you ok?" She asks quickly,"Why are you smiling? This is not good, Damien." She reprimanded me.

"I'm fine, it's the other two kids you need to worry about."

"You didn't hurt anybody... did you?" She wonders aloud. That about did it, I was about to burst out laughing, right there. The memory of me knocking out a poor guy in one punch flashed through my brain.

"No." I try not to smile wider. She cares for others even though she doesn't even know who they are.

She was so kind.

"What was it about? How did it start?" I don't even think she realized she sat down next to me, but I did.

"I don't kiss and tell, Annalise." She rolled her eyes playfully and I marveled at her playful face.

"But you came out alright, right?" She asks yet again, her serious face back. Her eyes were scanning over my body for any sign of injury. Then back up to my face. It made me completely hot all over, everywhere her eyes traveled. I just wanted to slam her up against the wall and kiss her senseless, run my hand through her long, brown hair-

"Damien?" She tilted her head.

"I'm fine, shortcake. Don't you worry about me, I'm a big boy." I stretched my arms behind my head on purpose, giving a unbelievable fake yawn. I grinned as she glanced at them and I saw a flash of something in her eyes before she looked away, blushing.