Chapter 18- And There Was the Ball part 2

You know that feeling of  "oh shit", and you know for sure that you are in trouble. The panic quickly trickles in and your mind starts to go haywire. You start to imagine things that aren't even there, kind of like you are on mesgra.

That's how I felt in this very moment.

"Pull! Harder, Hazalen!" Veronica shouted. The coachman held on to her back, pulling as well.

I don't even know this man.

"I'm trying Veronica! I'm not as strong as your big ass!" Hazalen pulled some more.

I was stuck in the door of the carriage, my dress being so wide. My mother just had to go all out, to the point where I couldn't even walk out the damn door!

"My dress is the problem, stop trying to pull me out the door! It's obviously not working," I explained, grabbing a fistful of the fabric.

"Your paying me extra for this right?" The coachman rudely states. His non-existent eyebrow was arched.

"Shut up!" We all glare at him and continue back with the problem.

"Try to see if you can gently pull the fabric out from the sides, that's what's trapping me in. If we can get it outside, I can get out. " I start fiddling with my dress. Hazalen and Veronica come to my sides, trying to pull out the fabric.

Nothing was working.

"Dammit, we are going to be late! We have to be there on time!" Veronica throws up her hands. We were all frustrated and stumped.

"Stop worrying so much about this damn ball Veronica, I'm more worried about if my best friend will be stuck in a carriage for her whole life." Hazalen rolls her eyes. Veronica was getting on all our nerves tonight.

"Wait, what if I walk back in the carriage... then try and come out sideways?" I question.

"It's worth a try." Hazalen shrugs. The coachman was just in the corner, shaking his head with a sigh.

Hazalen was able to push me back into the carriage after a minute of fabric being rolled around. Veronica accidentally ripped a little of my dress and we all just laughed it off, though I was a little worried. I brought a needle and thread anyway, nothing was going to ruin my mother's dress so I came well prepared.

I stepped side-ways in the small carriage, and started to slowly creep out. We all cheered as I pushed through the door all in one piece. Hazalen paid the coachman a little extra for the scenario, and I did a quick slip-and-stitch on my dress for the rip. Everything was looking good so far.

The castle was breathtaking... you could see the lights pouring out of the castle from the outside, giving a soft glow and a relaxing vibe. I didn't remember it being so beautiful, probably because the last time I was here I was rushing to get out.

The large, ornate doors were wide open. Only a few guards were blocking the entrance, and a fancy looking man taking a roll call of everybody who walked in.

"Name please." He stated, his voice high and chirpy.

"Annalise Woods. These are my guests, Veronica Slaten and Hazalen Star." I formally stated. He looked up from his sheet unexpectedly, and raised a eyebrow.