Chapter 16- And There Was A Mischievous Damien

POV Damien (same time as Annalise)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I sat in my bed, the same one Annalise had just left this morning. She was so fierce, she had a fire that could light with the smallest spark; yet somehow this morning she showed a different side of her.

I so greatly wanted to help Annalise. Yet if she couldn't tell me who murdered her father, then I could never avenge his death.

At least I grew up with my father; though I only see him about once a month now. He's too busy being the King and morning over my mother's passing.

This is the reason he wants me to become King at a young age. He just wants to retire in peace-and I believe he's depressed- so pass on as well. That's why I've already finished my fragit classes, high school, and he's already trying to find a suitor for me.

Not much time for the youth, huh?

So, I sent my private investigator to dig up information about her past. Bad I know, but I didn't want the murder to come for Annalise as well. If he had a past with their family, she could still be a target.

....could they be Descuvi?

They killed my mother and I was going to get them back. I know I would, it just takes time and patience. Slowly we've been collecting data on the gang whom killed her, but we weren't even close yet.

I looked over at my piano. I would always play the thing when I needed to get things off my chest. I walked to it and dragged my hand across the keys... the slick top. I kept it very clean; it was made from fine marble and dusted every day.

I couldn't comprehend how one object could hold so emotion and change people's lives for the better. Especially this piano, for my mother gifted it to me as a Blackberry gift.

The door behind me opened.

Landon?

He smiled warmly at me. He hasn't come over in so long, I didn't know what to think.

I've known him since I was born. We used to be best friends, but I pushed him away once my mom "disappeared", and while this was going on his mom was getting ill. So we both distanced, dealing with our problems alone. When really, it would have been easier having somebody around to talk to.

"How are you doing, Landon?" I was never usually kind, but with Landon had a soft spot for me.

"I just wanted to see how you were doing. You weren't at school today."

"Yeah, my fragit classes ran till two in the morning. I couldn't make it through a full day of school, so I just stayed and I'm helping set up the ball."

"Oh yeah, how's that coming along?"

"Good, and you are coming right?" I asked, putting a fradit book on my shelf.

"Of corse, I'll always be here for you." Landon smiled cautiously.

"Are you sure you don't... need anything," I raise one eyebrow. The last time he came I had to lend him some money because of his family issues.

"Well-I mean-I need a suit and tie. I apologize, I just didn't know who to turn to, and I wanted to look nice for this Friday-" he babbled on.

"Hey, calm down Landon, I've got you. I have plenty, and if not I'll get a tailor down here and he can measure you. It would be ready in a day," things have been rough in his household recently, yet again.

I don't mind helping Landon with finances. I decided to help pay one day, and ever since I've decided to continue. It's not like the money really causes a dent in my finical state right now.