Chapter 46-And There Was No Water

Damien
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

There are many things in the world I completely despised. Between slow walkers, raisins, and people who think they are above me: feeling helpless was the thing I hated most.

Even somebody in my position, with the power to command a whole armies, create laws on a whim, and have people bowing before me... I still had the possibility to loose the things I cared about most.

I could only watch as the events unfolded before me. Screams rang out, blood being spilled, it was as if everywhere I looked something new was happening, and all too fast.

Then I saw Annalise...

"You will watch me the whole time, so if anything happens I know you will be there."

"If something goes wrong, you will find a way to be by my side no matter what."

At this point, the knights protecting our box had realized the situation at hand, taking position near the entrance. I was already trying to fight through them, but there was no use. I knew there were more guards behind the door, but I couldn't stop fighting. I had to find a way to her and keep my word.

My father's faint shouts through my rage of red was what caused me to look behind, only to see a new sight. Jack was fighting men off valiantly, trying to protect Annalise.

Not her... by the gods, not her.

"I don't know, I just feel like there are eyes watching me... everywhere I go."

"Damien, I think she's drank a little too much. She thinks somebody is trying to kill her."

The men broke through Jack's defenses, holding him down. Annalise was left cornered against the wall, frightened with nowhere to turn. The sight had my blood boiling, this shouldn't be happening- I am supposed to be by her side, always.

A boy took off their mask facing me first, as if they wanted me to see their identity.

Cole Reynolds.

I was banging on the window, trying to break through. I would've jumped to my death on the field if it meant I had a chance of saving Annalise from him. I had been so foolish, not listening to her worries for her safety.

The Bandlar Clan...

They had been planning, ready for this attack. Cole was bringing intel to them on my weaknesses, a perfect spy in hiding. I could only watch as he trapped her in his arms, and she was flailing in defiance. He forcefully placed a cloth on her mouth, and I wanted to tear his neck out.

My angel...

I let a tear fall as Annalise was scooped up into his back, her arm reaching out to me.

I'm so sorry, sweetheart.

I'm so sorry.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

ANNALISE

I felt a cold drop of water splash onto my face, waking me drowsily. My head was throbbing and my body felt exhausted, wanting more sleep-but I knew something felt wrong.

I reached up to wipe the water forming on my temple, yet sounds of clinging echoed around me. With a groan, I sat up and leaned my back against something rocky. My head was down as I peeled my eyes open; the first sight I saw since awakening were my hands shackled in chains.

This immediately sobered me up, viewing my surroundings with caution. The memories of being on the field came back, attacking my head all at once.

A tear slid from my eye at the thought of Damien's face as I was being taken away. It was as if he was being tortured. I had never seen him that ballistic in my life.