3: Vs. Kakashi!

I sat up, yawned, got dressed, and left the house. I'm gonna let Sakura get up herself. I can't help her when we become Jonin, so I won't do it too much now. I arrived at the training grounds, and saw Sasumi meditating. I sat beside her, and closed my eyes, thinking over all my jutsu and strategies.

After a moment, I opened my eyes to see Naruto and Sakura talking about something. Well, I guess she doesn't hate him as much as she said. Liar. I closed my eyes again, and went over my thoughts again.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, and opened my eyes to see Sasumi. I stood up, and looked to see Kakashi walking over with his book in hand.

"Gah, you were late again!"

"Sorry, this book was on sale when I passed, and I couldn't help myself."

I sighed, only to feel Sasumi pull me to the side.

"Y/n, what kind of Jutsu do you use? We can make a plan that works for our benefit."

"Er, I uh......I use medical jutsu."

"What?"

"I use medical jutsu offensively."

"I see. Well then, I wish you luck."

She walked away, and I just stood there in shock. Did she seriously just leave me here, because she thinks I can't fight? I'll prove her wrong! Tch, that's annoying.

I walked back over, and Kakashi explained the rules. When he was done, Naruto attacked before he could even say start. Kakashi easily tossed him to the side, and said start. The others dashed off to form a plan, and I stood in front of the jonin.

"Oh? You're not about to try what Naruto did, are you?"

"Not if it ends with your fingers jammed up my ass."

The copy ninja studied my face for a moment, before putting away his book. So he recognizes that I'm dead serious. I'll have to charge with intent to kill. Thankfully, what nobody knows is that Sakura and I share an aptitude for genjutsu, but I actually use it.

I only know one technique, but it's super effective. He seems very skilled with observing opponents, and working with it. In that case, I'll make him unable to see.

'Infinite Darkness Technique!'

I watched as his eye unfocused on me, and I took a step to the side, seeing he wasn't watching me. I dashed forwards, and rolled a rock on the ground, giving the illusion of me running towards him, before jumping into the air, and focusing my chakra into my fist.

I threw a punch at the ninja, only for him to grab my wrist and slam me into the ground, before kicking me into a tree.

"Impressive observation Y/n. You saw my own skill at observation, and took it away. However, you didn't take into account my enhanced sense of smell. It was very smart to roll a rock though, and if it was almost anybody else, you may have succeeded."

I groaned and got to my feet, and threw a kunai at him, before sprinting towards him. He caught the kunai, and I threw two more at him. He deflected them, and I threw a shuriken at one of the kunai, causing it to bounce off, towards the back of his head, and pulled my fist back.

Either he takes the shuriken, or my punch. I shouted and threw the punch, only for my eyes to widen as he grabbed me, and held me in front of the shuriken, causing it to stab me in the back.

"GAAAAAAAAAH!"

"Yet another smart move. I'm going to have high expectations for you, Y/n. Oh, it appears you're losing conciousness, as my vision is returning. Good effort."

He dropped me, and my vision went dark.

I felt someone lightly slap my face, and opened my eyes to see Sakura. She handed me some lunch, and I noticed Naruto was tied to a pole.

"Strange. Despite your claimed medical jutsu, you used mainly taijutsu. However, I didn't see you use any kind of medical jutsu."

"That's because the ones I would've used offensively would either cause serious or permanent damage, or it would have killed, on the off chance it lands."

I sat up, and started healing my wound on my back, and sighed. I went for my lunch, only for it to be grabbed by Kakashi.

"Eh?"

"I told you to come at me with the intention to kill. You don't need to hold back against someone who's power is that much higher than yours, even if you can't kill said target."

"Uh, may I try again, then?"

"Of course. It may give your teammates time to try feeding Naruto."

My eyes widened, before I sighed. Of course he knew about that. I stood up, and he backed away, giving us some space.

Well, let's hope I do get them some time.