6: The Battle of the Bridge Begins!

We went with the bridge builder, Tazuna, to his daughter's home to rest and recover from the battle with Zabuza. Dammit, I should have done more than just try to defend Tazuna!

Kakashi taught us how to walk up trees and by extension walls, and went back in to recover after me and Sakura got it down. Naruto and Sasumi on the other hand, couldn't let it be that simple.

The two made a contest of it, and I sighed. I went back inside, and started healing Kakashi, and he sighed to himself.

"Y/n, it's okay. Just let it heal naturally. My chakra won't be back until after it's done anyways, so go on ahead and train."

"Understood, Kakashi sensei."

He smiled and I went outside. I sat on a log and pulled out my ninja pouch, and started going through it. After a moment or two of digging, I heard a feminine voice.

"Oh? What are you doing out here? That's a leaf shinobi headband, yes?"

I turned and saw a girl in a pink dress walking over to me.

"Well, I'm currently training with my team. I'm looking over my tools and such and trying to think of ways I can become useful to them."

"I see. Do you feel as though you would die for them?"

"I do, strangely enough."

The girl sat in front of me, and smiled. She tilted her head, and I couldn't help but smile back.

"I understand. It means that you trult love them. If you really feel that way, then you are useful enough."

"Thanks. I think I needed to hear something like that. Have a good day."

"You as well. Good luck on helping your loved ones."

She started walking off, until she stopped and turned.

"By the way..."

"You're a boy?"

".....How did you know?"

"My first guess was the spirit of a child who was killed by a demon in this forest, but I feel like that's already been used before."
_________________________________________

A boy is seen trying to cut a boulder in half with a katana, with another boy with a mask on leaning against it. The boy with the mask sneezed, and the boy with the katana stopped for a moment.

"Bless you."

"Thank you."

He then went back to it.
_________________________________________

The boy laughed in response, and waved, walking off. I smiled lightly to myself, and continued going through my pouch, until I found something. This is a chance. It'll definitely help in the long run.
_________________________________________

I watched as that annoying Naruto and beautiful Sasumi tried to outdo each other. After a couple of minutes, Y/n walked back over. He seemed to have something in his mouth, and I raised an eyebrow.

"Hey Y/n."

He waved at me and walked inside. Strange.
_________________________________________

We left the house after a couple of days, and we got to the bridge. After a moment, we were surprised to see a ton of mist obscure our vision. A second later, and none other than Zabuza showed himself.

"Zabuza? You were killed by that Mist Anbu!"

"Who? Him?"

He pointed to the side, and the "anbu" showed themselves as well. Naruto and Sasumi both dashed towards the "anbu", having clearly not assessed the threat. That "anbu" was able to perfectly hit a moving Zabuza in the neck, seemingly catching him off guard.

The same Zabuza was wiping the floor with all of us. Now, they've split us up and got themselves trapped with the arguably worse one. I watched as what appeared to be a dome of ice surround them.

"What the hell?"

"It's his Kekkei Genkai. You see, his family had ice release, that is, until they were killed."

I glanced at Kakashi, who was preparing himself. He glanced at me, Sakura, and the other two, begore sighing. He turned to me, and nodded. I took a deep breath and stepped up.

Sakura stood in front of Tazuna, and I pulled out a kunai, and stood next to Kakashi.

"Alright Y/n, whatever you've been storing up for the past couple days better be worth it. I'm going to try to give you an opening to use it."

I nodded, and Kakashi charged the rogue ninja. They clashed, and I watched. I focused chakra into my legs, and quickly dashed forwards while Zabuza was off balance.

I jumped in the air, and Kakashi put him in a full nelson. I spat out everything that was in my mouth, which was a poison with tiny glass shards in it, mixed with the blood from my mouth caused by the shards, making it even more potent.

It landed on a cut on his arm caused by Kakashi. He yelled in pain, and I spat out some blood that was in my mouth, and healed the cuts.

"Hope we have the same blood type, for your sake."

I dashed away from him, towards the other two, and surprisingly Zabuza let me go, focusing instead on Kakashi. I slid under an ice mirror, and threw a shuriken, deflecting a senbon aimed at Naruto.

"Y/n!"

"Hey. Let's hope I didn't just accidently add to his kill count. Do you guys have a plan?"

They both shook their heads, and I sweatdropped. I'm gonna die.