11: Decisive Battle!

When I finally caught up to the others on the last day, they said that they encountered Orochimaru as well. I'd have accepted taking her chakra as my own if it meant her death, however the process would leave me unable to move for an entire day, which I couldn't risk.

I was brought out of my thoughts by us arriving, and the Kabuto guy who was with them splitting up. We walked in, and opened our two scrolls. Suddenly, Iruka popped out and congratulated us. We walked in, and saw others there.

We looked each other over, and the Hokage himself explained that we are holding prelims for the actual fights, because too many of us passed the exam. I stood with my team, watching the thing select names.

'Not me, not me, not me, not me...'

Y/N VS BRANCH LEE

"Shit."

"Go sister! Show him your youth!"

"Of course, Lee! No matter how handsome and strong he may be, I will be stronger!"

I sighed and walked down, and she dropped down.

"Let's agree to make this a taijutsu only fight, okay?"

"Kakashi, your kid isn't the brightest bulb in the house is he? Challenging either of my Lees to a Taijutsu only battle is signing a death warrent!"

"Well, if she disagrees, Y/n happens to know shadow clone jutsu from Naruto, a genjutsu that blinds his opponent, and another forbidden genjutsu, that your Lee couldn't fight against. Hell, I might be unable to. Matter of fact, ask who the strongest person he used it on successfully was!"

"Alright then. Who was it, Y/n?"

"Some creepy snake lady that attacked me in the forest. Her name was Orochi something."

A sound jonin grew a visibly annoyed look before it changed, to simply glaring at Kabuto. Every ninja was shocked, especially the hokage.

"Hell, I'd have killed her if I wasn't going to be unable to move for a day after."

The hokage grew even more surprised, and subtly adjusted his hat. The room was silent, but Branch spoke up.

"I accept! However, I will not hold back!"

"Ahem, now that you've clarified, begin!"

Y/n grinned and reached into his pouch. He yanked a scroll out, placing his other hand on the bottom of it.

"Summoning Jutsu!"

A cloud of smoke appeared, covering the teen.

"Shadow Clone Jutsu!"

Another layer of smoke appeared, until it was all blown away, revealing the pink male twirling a twin pair of staves, both looking identical.

He grinned and crossed them over each other, as Branch grinned in response, and pulled out a scroll of her own. A cloud of smoke appeared, and she was seen holding a staff of her own. Meanwhile, Tenten was gripping her hair, nervous.

"Oh no, I spent a lot of time on both of those. This isn't gonna be a fight to see who can outdo who, it'll be an endurance match between my weapons!"

"Calm down, Tenten. It'll be fine."

The duo smirked at each other, before sprinting. Y/n threw a staff, only for it to disappear in a cloud of smoke. Y/n jumped up, and split the cloud with a massive swing, which cracked the grown. Y/n took a stance, and blocked an attack from Branch, basic metal staff, against Pink and white mystery staff.

The two separated, and Y/n grinned. The pink blossoms on his staff started glowing, and he spun the weapon over his head, before throwing it at Tenten.

"Flower Goddess's Dance!"

She ducked the throw, and Y/n threw several fast kicks and punches at her, before he caught the staff, and swung it in a flurry. He caught her off guard with a shin kick, before twisting and hitting her with the staff, launching her to the side.

She got back up, and Y/n slowly spun his staff in front of him, slowly building speed. He glanced at Sasumi, who simply nodded, causing him to smile.

"Hope you're ready for this one, Branch!"

"I believe I am more than ready!"

"We'll see. HERE GOES! UCHIHA-HARUNO COMBO!!"

The blossoms grew a red glow, and Y/n spun with the staff over his head, showing everyone in the crowd the three tomoed eye. A spew of flames came from the ends of his staff, causing Branch to spin her staff super fast to protect herself.

Y/n point the staff at her, and a wave of flames was fired. She was blocking it, until she saw Y/n behind her, amping his speed and strength with his chakra.

She raised her arms to block the swing, only to be launched into a nearby wall. She climbed out of it, with a groan. She looked at Guy, who nodded. She dropped the ankle weights, which surprised everyone as a dust cloud came up when they impacted. She disappeared, before reappearing behind Y/n.

He was punched into the ground, before grabbed by his ankle and thrown into the opposite wall Branch was. He struggled to his feet, and carefully spun his staff, before taking a defensive stance.

She disappeared, and Y/n crouched down, and she appeared above him, with her eyes wide.

"He dodged Lee's kick!?"

"No, just anticipated it."

Kakashi seemed proud, and appeared to be grinning.

"As I told him, he is great at observing. He used the angle she hit him last time, and made an educated guess."

Shikamaru looked over the teen, amazed.

"I couldn't even make a guess if I was hit like that."

Y/n dodged and countered another hit, only to mistime the next one, and get flung away. He staggered to his feet, and Branch pulled out a nunchuk. Y/n panted in exhaustion, only for him to gain a determined look.

Everyone was surprised and confused when a flower design similar to the one on his staff covered his side, starting from his bicep.

"I didn't do all this, just to lose my first fight. I'm going all out, from here on Branch. I apologize."