13: The attack on the third

I sighed as I sat in the hospital bed. I didn't feel it due to my adrenaline, but I was fighting with several broken bones, ribs, and the works. I spent my entire hospital stay healing myself to get out of the damn place and get to training. I need to focus on my taijutsu if I'm ever going to beat Branch, not to mention Neji, Sasumi, and Naruto.

I got out about four days after my admittance into the hospital, and immediately went to Kakashi for him to train me. However, he was training Sasumi, and Naruto disappeared. I decided to search for Naruto after stopping to see Tenten and get some upgrades for my weapons and tools.

I found him by a river with some white haired guy, and raised an eyebrow. I dropped down next to the man, and turned to him.

"Hello. My name is Y/n Haruno. I was looking for Naruto to train with him. Are you teaching him something currently? I can go find someone else to train with."

The man looked me over, then at Naruto.

"Jiraiya. You really want to train with him?"

"Yeah, why not? He's an excellent ninja with tons of potential. Plus, he's easy to get along with and motivates everybody to be better."

The man grinned and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Sure thing, kid. You two can spar every now and again during his breaks in training. Think of it as a growth gauge. Sorry to use you for Naruto's growth, kid."

"Not to worry! Sparring with him will allow us to better understand our fighting styles and improve teamwork and strength simultaneously!"

The man chuckled to himself, and pat the rock next to him. I took a seat, and turned to see what he's looking at. Ah, I see. Well, I won't judge him for it.

I waited with the perverted sage, and watched as Naruto finished.

"Y/n! I'm surprised you're here! Are you going to train with the pervy sage too?!"

"Not really. I'm just going to go along with you guys, and spar with you every now and then. Brush up on my Shadow Clone jutsu while I'm at it."

Naruto grinned, and seemed like he was about to shed a tear from joy.

"You like the shadow clone jutsu?"

"Of course! It's one of the most useful jutsu I have for a fight, even for medical jutsu!"

He surprised me and pulled me into a hug.

"I'm really glad I could help you, Y/n! That makes me happy!"

I pat him on the head and smiled.

"Well you better hurry and become hokage. Then you'll feel like this all the time."

He pulled away, and gave me a thumbs up.

"Right! You better believe I will!"
_________________________________________

It's been a while since I started training out here with Naruto. He learned summoning jutsu from Jiraiya, and summoned a massive frog with Nine Tail's chakra. Jiraiya offered to teach me, but I declined.

I can already summon my staff, and on top of that I don't want to give Naruto trouble in a future battle by using his summon. After all that training, it's finally time for the chunin exams.
_________________________________________

Sorry, but since nothing is really affected by you losing the prelims, I'm skipping every fight here.
_________________________________________

I started feeling tired, only to recognize it as genjutsu. I dispelled it, and started looking around. I started waking others up, only to find Shikamaru released himself, then went to sleep anyway. As a fellow teenager in school, I left him alone and found Kakashi and Guy.

"Kakashi-sensei! What's happening!?"

He didn't say anything, he just pointed towards the barrier where Lord Third was. No way, I can't believe something like this is happening!

"The Kazekage is attacking Lord Third?"

"No, it's Orochimaru."

"You mean that lady I used Genjutsu on in the forest?"

"One and the same. However, her guard is likely raised for it, and Lord Third isn't lucky enough to know that jutsu."

I was about to head towards it, when Kakashi grabbed me by my shirt.

"I need you to help these people wake up and escape. Leave the anbu and hokage to Guy and I."

"HA! That rhymed, Kakashi!"

"Shut up, Guy."

I watched as the two jonin split up, and looked at the three Anbu who revealed themselves. I sighed and sat on one of the seats.

"You know, when I learned how to use medical jutsu, I vowed to prioritize saving lives or taking them?"

The anbu ignored me, and pulled out kunai. I sighed and messed with my hair, feeling my curse mark start to burn with my agitation.

" I'm about to break that vow. "