18: Orochimaru's Cave

I opened my eyes after getting jammed into a barrel, and found that I'm being carried. I also noticed that Sasumi is currently unconcious in my lap. I think I'll just stay like this, until we get to Orochimaru's ca-

"SASUMI!!!"

.......Was that Naruto?

"Y/N!! I'LL BRING YOU BACK TO THE LEAF!! DATTEBAYO!"

Oh my god it's Naruto. I felt Sasumi move, and she turned and looked at me.

"Is that Naruto?"

"Yup."

"Are you going to deal with it?"

"Not unless you really want me to."

She sighed, and lay back against me. After a minute or two, we stopped moving. She got out first, and I followed. She started running, and I was next to her. I really hope Naruto doesn't catch up.

"Sasumi! Y/n!"

Damn. We found ourselves at the final valley, and I looked at the statue we're on. This is Madara Uchiha, right? That over there is Hashirama. This is an oddly fitting location.

"Sasumi, you want me to hold him off?"

"No, I'll deal with him myself. You keep going."

I sighed and walked to the treeline.

"If you're not caught up with me by an hour, I'm coming back."

She nodded, and turned to face Naruto.

"Sasumi. Let him live. Please."

She turned back to me, and actually smiled. That's unusual for her.

"I give you my word."

I smiled back, and started running towards the cave.
_________________________________________

Naruto P.O.V

"Sasumi, you were willing to do this for Y/n, please come back. I know you value our friendship deep down."

"Oh please. I told him that so he'd leave, and I could rid the village of you."

I grit my teeth, and glared at the smirking girl.
_________________________________________

Y/n P.O.V

Orochimaru's cave came into view. I stopped, and waited for a moment, until Sasumi came into view. She's covered with sweat, and holding her arm. I went back to where she is, and picked her up, bridal style.

"What are you-!?"

"Calm down."

She huffed and looked away, and I got to the cave. I walked in, and after walking for a minute or two, I saw none other than Orochimaru. She is sitting on some kind of throne or chair, looking down at us with that weird smile.

"Glad you two could make it. Where are the others?"

"......Occupied."

She laughed at my response, and stood up. She walked down to where we are, and grinned.

"Welcome, Y/n Haruno and Sasumi Uchiha. You two came to become more powerful, correct?"

I nodded, and so did Sasumi.

"I do have to ask, why are you injured?"

"I had a run in with our old teammate, Naruto."

"I see. You can take her in there. Kabuto can heal her."

I glared at the snake woman, and held Sasumi a little bit closer.

"I'd much rather do it myself."

After I said that, she walked up to me, and I prepared myself for a fight. She simply moved some of my hair aside, and saw the mark on my head from Tsunade.

"I see. I thought I smelled someone familiar. That is fine. Kabuto's probably too busy CRYING ABOUT HIS CRUSH!"

She yelled with her head turned to the room she told me to put Sasumi in. Afterwards, a distant voice responded.

"FUCK YOU!"

"YOU WISH YOU COULD! I'D ONLY HAVE SEX WITH A REAL MAN! Anyways, your room is that one. Sasumi's is right next to it. Heal her wherever you feel like."

I nodded, and carried Sasumi into her room, and set her on her bed. I grabbed the chair from her desk, sat beside her, and started healing her. She turned her head to me, and opened her eyes.

"Y/n?"

"Yeah?"

"Why would you go so far, just for me?"

"...."

I remembered what Haku said about doing anything for your loved ones. I don't even know if that was why I did it. If it was Naruto leaving the village, I'd probably help him too. Sakura would have to go alone. Someone would have to stay to comfort mom.

"Because, you're my teammate, and I care about you. We're in this together now, understand? I'd have done the same thing for Naruto."

She raised an eyebrow, before smirking.

"What about for Sakura?"

"I'd help her get with to the sound ninja four, but she'd have to make the rest of the journey herself."

She chuckled a little, and looked up at the ceiling.

"Why did you let me come with you?"

"Because of the reason I hoped you would say."

"What would that be?"

She looked around for a moment, trying to find a way to describe whatever she meant. She made a come here motion with her finger, and I leaned down.

I was caught off guard by her wrapping her arms around my neck and kissing me. She pulled away, and we both gasped for air.

"I think I like you a little bit, loser."

"I think I like you a little too, asshole"

She grinned and pulled me into another kiss, only for Orochimaru to sigh. We pulled away, and both held up kunai.

"Oh, apologies for interrupting. I was just wanting to do that when he grew up a little. Oh well, you two could always go through some tragic loss and split up by the time he reaches a good age."

We watched the snake woman walk out, and I stood up and closed the door, locking it.

"Y/n, we are ninja, what is locking a door gonna do?"

"Give us an extra two seconds to make it look like a healing technique?"

"....whatever, come here."