🌲{-Chapter 20- Some Time Alone and Some Sleds-}🌲

I'm gonna be sad when this book ends (soon) :'(

Reminder
(f/c) = favorite color
(s/f/c) = second favorite color (or any you would like)
(f/f) = favorite food

Also,
Delectable- definition; delicious.
___________________________

"Everyone thinks I'm sad when I get lost in thought, like, no! I'm just imagining fake scenarios~."
___________________________

Nightmare turned a page of the book he was reading with his tentacle and then continued to read in silence. He had woken up about two hours ago and didn't have any intention on possibly waking you up so he had one of his tentacles take a book from a nearby book shelf, and he read for the rest of the time. That was, until you stirred in his arms and your eyes fluttered open. (Y/n) gave a small yawn and rubbed some sleeping-sand out of her eye, but she then heard a deep chuckle that startled her drowsy state and she looked up. It seemed like a deep chuckle always awoke her... "N-Nightmare?" she said yawning, "What happened?" (Y/n) sat up and found herself sitting in Nightmare's lap and her cheeks gained a pink hue to them. "You fought Ace, banished him to a void, and then collapsed in my arms." Nightmare smiled and stroked her head lovingly. "Oh yeah– Wait! I didn't collapse in your arms last night! I wanted to go to my bed! And you didn't let me!" (Y/n) said, she huffed and crossed her arms while Nightmare shrugged and rolled his eyes. "I told you that I didn't want you to be left alone after what had happened," Nightmare pulled (Y/n) closer to him and he sighed, "Do you understand? I just didn't want anything to happen to you, you were so exhausted after everything. And, if someone tried to take you, you wouldn't have had the energy to fight them! Granted I would be there to stop them, but still!" Nightmare instinctively held the girl close and she eased herself, knowing that the skeleton was right. If someone did kidnap her, she would be too tired to fend for herself. So, she let it go with a sigh and wrapped her arms around the large skeleton.

"You're right, I'm sorry. I didn't think how that would have affected you," (Y/n) said, she then broke the hug and looked up at her beloved goopy skeleton, "How about we get some breakfast, maybe take the day off and spend the rest of today with just the two of us?" She said as she smiled softly at the skeleton. "That sounds perfect," Nightmare leaned down and gave a kiss to (Y/n)'s forehead and she chuckled slightly, "You missed~." She hummed and pressed her lips up against Nightmare's, well– skeleton's don't have lips so teeth? Yeah, teeth. She went to pull away but Nightmare held the back of her head, lengthening the kiss a little longer. Nightmare then removed his hand and they both pulled away, "I needed that," Nightmare said, as he hummed and smiled. (Y/n) laughed and nodded, sliding off the couch she went to dust off her dress until she noticed it was covered with dirt. "Eh?! Oh, that's just revolting," she said, her brows furrowed and a frown placed on her lips as she examined the many stains and dirt on her skirt, "Did you really let me sleep on you, like this?!" She gestured her hands towards her skirt and Nightmare laughed, he had been observing (Y/n)'s little examination of her skirt and he found it amusing. Nightmare then shrugged and stood up from the couch, "It doesn't bother me, it's just dirt," Nightmare said, (Y/n) huffed at his words and bit the inside of her cheek, "Well, it bothers me! I'm going to change, I'll meet you down in the kitchen, alright?" She looked up at Nightmare and he nodded, "As you wish my love," he said and (Y/n) smiled thankfully, "Thank you, I will be quick." (Y/n) said before rushing out of the library and to her bedroom in search of a new dress.

The sound of soft 'Pit-pats!' could be heard through the halls of the dark castle, those little 'Pit-pats!' belonged to (Y/n)'s flats as she hurriedly made her way to her bedroom for a new dress to replace her worn and dirty one she was wearing as we speak. She went left and right through the maze of halls called corridors, she never stopped until she came to her room, it was as if she was locked on to a target with nothing to stop her. And in reaching her beloved bedroom, she open the door and locked it behind her as she came in. She didn't hesitate to rush over to her dresser and take out a (f/c) high-low skirt, a white ruffled shirt, and, a (s/f/c) bodice on top to add a little charm to the look. She draped the articles of clothing on her arm, and, decided to take a quick bath before going downstairs to meet Nightmare. She hummed a small tune as she scrubbed her skin, a little too fast at that, for her skin turned slightly red from being rubbed so hard. Washing her hair now, she finished quickly and rinsed off. Then she wrapped her figure in a warm fluffy towel, dried and brushed her hair, and then got dressed. Finally satisfied with what she saw in the mirror she opened the door and hastily made her way down the corridors, stairs, and then to the kitchen. When she entered, Nightmare stood there discussing something with Error, but when he saw (Y/n) was present, he ended the conversation quickly and walked over to where (Y/n) stood. "Took you long enough," Nightmare said, as he grinned and rose a bone-brow. "I just wanted to freshen up a bit!" (Y/n) said, she huffed as Nightmare chuckled slightly and then spoke. "Come along, I want to get breakfast done with so I can get this day going with you." Nightmare pulled the girl along and she rolled her eyes, despite the smile ever present on her face. "Anxious as ever I see," (Y/n) spoke, and Nightmare sat her down on one of the chairs and pulled two steaming plates of (f/f) off the breakfast nook. Placing one in front of (Y/n), she drooled slightly at the sight of her most beloved food in the whole multiverse. "This looks so good..." (Y/n) mumbled out, picking up her fork/spoon and shoving some in her mouth. Delectable and flavorful, just what she needed to start off today with! Soon both finished their breakfast and were in the library to discuss what to do together for their 'date'.