🌲{-Chapter 7- Finding Out-}🌲

Again thank you @Starrynight9384 and also @GlxyWxlf
Your comments are so helpful and amazing!! 😤✨

And thank YOU for reading this story! You know who you are 👉😎👉

Also please ignore any 'lead' that is supposed to be 'led' I messed up hhhh

Also my freaking @ won't work aaaaa
___________________________

"Another Book, another lifetime spent furiously typing."

___________________________

Your POV

As I came in sight of the town I rushed towards the front of the boat. "It really is a bleak waste land." I mumbled feeling once again the adrenaline rushing to me. "Yeah I told ya, the one you are looking for must be real important if you came all the way back here." the captain lifted his hat and scratched his head. "The most important thing in my life actually." I stated with a small worried smile of my lips. "Heh I don't really have anyone like that but I wish you the best of luck. We are just getting to the shore. So be ready." I nodded at his words "Thank you for everything," I smiled once again "Of course." and he tipped hit hat again.

Once we arrived to the shore I immediately jumped off and onto the land. I was about to take off when the captain yelled. "Wait! What about your luggage?" I stared back at him and then at the town. "If you would please just leave it at the dock! I will get it later!" He nodded "Thank you once again!" I then ran off in search of Nightmare. Running I could see the town desolated, deserted, and destroyed to the core. Panic started to set in as I ran to the Tree of Feelings but when I saw it I immediately covered my mouth in shock. It was completely destroyed, the only remains of it was its trunk. It looked like something just easily broke the tree in half. Walking over I couldn't see the rest of the tree, only the remains of the town. Tears fell down my cheeks, I felt like the situation was hopeless. I went to all the spots Nightmare and I would go to at times, but I never found him there. The only idea I had left was to look at my cabin. Hoping it was still there I picked up my dress and ran towards the path. Seeing my flower shop untouched on the way was confusing but I kept running.

When I came to my cabin I saw it was completely untouched, just as my flower shop was? My head spun with so many questions I felt sick. 'I cannot stop now. I have to keep searching' fueling myself with determination I went to the cabin. Opening the door I went inside, "Nightmare?! Nightmare are you here?!" I called out desperately, only to have silence as a response. "Nightmare! please if you are in here come out of hiding!" I was only greeted by silence again. My face melted into a bittersweet smile "He really is gone isn't he." I started to cry, my face feeling flushed as I wept. I cried for a good 30 minutes until I felt sick to the stomach. I got up from the ground and wiped my tears away, heading to where me and Nightmare lay that night he got in a fight with his brother. 'Dream is probably gone as well' I sat on the sofa and hugged the pillow. I smiled noticing Nightmare's scent on it. "He must of came here at times." My smile was weak, soon turning back into a troubled frown. Hugging the pillow I sighed, taking in the faint scent of him. "Guess we both broke our promises. I didn't come back in time to save you. And you couldn't come and get me." I laughed with the same bittersweet tone. Standing up, I put the pillow back on the couch and left the cabin. I went to the back to my garden. "Huh, all my flowers aren't completely dead." I furrowed my brows and bent down to them. I used my magic to make them healthy again, "There we go..."  A small smile came to my face. I then realized the black rose Nightmare and I had planted grew into a small bush.

(I'm aware that black roses are not natural and they mean death but how about we imagine they are natural and mean something like 'A Promise' ?)

Standing up I remembered the rose bush he had in the forest and how he loved it. "Maybe It's still there as well," I grabbed a pair of gloves and a small shovel and closed the gate as I ran towards the spot in the forest, 'I haven't ran this much in forever' I huffed as I came to the clearing I saw that the bush still remained. I mentally cheered, but as I went over to the bush I heard voices.