16: Bad Decisions

Here's a longer update for you guys!

Page Count: 13

-

-

-

Harry POV:

"Fuck," I curse under my breath as I swipe unknown shit off my desk.

Hadley can't work here it'll make everything so much harder than it needs to be. If I hadn't made that stupid deal then I would love to have her working here, it would still be a distraction, but it would be a good one.

"Harry?" I hear Tahleea's voice from behind my door.

"Come in," I murmur while picking up the papers that flew to the ground.

"Hey, are you ok- wow," she stops when she sees the mess I've made. "Are you ok?" she furrows her brows.

"I'm fine," I huff and toss all the papers messily onto my desk again.

"You sure, you looked like you saw a ghost out there," she says as she steps further in, closing the door.

"You need to fire that girl," I speak about Hadley like I don't know her.

"Look H, I know she's hot and that is why I won't be firing her," she smirks.

"No nimrod, she's not into girls," I roll my eyes.

"How do you know?" she defends.

"I just do alright," I say and slam down into my chair.

"Oh my god, you've slept with her!" she shouts.

"Dammit Tahleea will you keep it down," I shake my head.

"I'm sorry, but Harry!" she whisper shouts.

"Look it's not just that, she can't work here," I say one last time.

"I'm not following," she thins her eyes.

"What's her last name," I question.

"I don't know," she shrugs.

"Berkley, ring any fuckin bells in that pretty little head?" I arch my brow. I watch as her expression slow turns from completely confused to terrified in a matter of minutes.

"No, you're lying," she shakes her head.

"I told her jackass brother that I'd stay away from her," I admit.

"Harry, I can't fire her," she shakes her head.

"Why not?" I argue back.

"If she runs off and tells her brother, we're fucked" she makes a valid point.

"And if she works here, I'm fucked," I replied.

"Well can't you like... I don't know work different days?" she tries to compromise.

"T, you know I'm here more than you," I point out. Tahleea only comes in when she feels like working which isn't an issue, usually. With Hadley working I can't be the only manager on site, or she'll come to me when she needs something.

"Fuck Harry, what did you trade?" she asks.

"A shit ton of weed and coke in turn for me staying the fuck away from her so Gemma stays alive."

"You know Gemma doesn't even-"

"Don't you fucking dare," I snap.

"Harry calm down," she speaks low.

"I know Gemma doesn't want anything to do with me after what happened to Iain, but I still love her, so I'll protect her as long as I live," I spit.

"Alright, alright I'm sorry," she surrenders.