28: Demons

This took me forever to redo, but I am happy with the way it turned out.

-

-

-

Hadley POV:

My bedroom door flies open, and I expect to see Kendall standing there but when I look up, I see the last person I want to see.

"Get out!" I yell and throw the closest thing to me, which happened to be a bedside lamp.

He dodges it but still doesn't leave.

"The only innocent person I have killed was my own brother," He spit out.

I thin my eyes at him. Did he think that was going to make me feel better? Telling me he killed his own brother.

"Are you fucking delusional Harry?" I widen my eyes, throwing a pillow at him this time.

He catches it and tosses it to the side. "I was 14 and he was drunk," I want to stop him but, I can't. "He climbed 50 feet in the air on a Faris wheel and slipped. I watched him fall to his death, right in front of me. I killed him Hadley." He looks sick, he is the palest I have ever seen him.

His words shock me. He thinks that he killed him. His brother took a stupid risk, and it didn't end well, that is not his fault.

"When I tell you that I have killed people, I don't mean innocent people." He shakes his head, not moving from his spot. "I kill bad, evil people. Men like-" He stops. "Like your brother."

I give him the hardest, longest death stare. "Get, the fuck, out!" I yell and get up. I walk over and push his shoulders but soon remember that he is a solid six foot something built machine. "Get out, get out!" I say, slamming my hands on his chest as he stands tall and solid.

"Hadley, please." He grabs my wrists. "You need to believe me."

I look up at him with pure anger. Any love I had for him has since died. "Believe you?" I chuckle in disbelieve.

"Helix is in on the drug ring too," he says. "I have proof and I will show it to you." He defends himself.

I stop. Proof? My brother is doing something with chemicals in college, he doesn't have time to be a drug smuggler in the mafia.

"Take my phone, go through it and see for yourself." He tosses his phone onto my bed and leaves.

I stand, shaking in rage in my doorway till I heard the door shut. I turn and see his phone on the bed. Screen lit up with a picture of the boys on it. I slowly make my way to my bed, picking up the phone. I hold it, unsure of what to do with it.

If my brother is in on this whole thing, that could mean that my dad was too. I can't live knowing that my father and brother are bad people just like Harry. I can't do it.

So why do I click on his text messages with Helix?

-

-

After going through it all, the texts and emails. I am left with no words. There is nothing left to say about this shitty situation that I am in. My brother is a killer, he killed people too. He wanted to kill Harry and his sister, it's all here in text proof. The number is my brothers, and the emails are from an email address linked to him.

My life has been nothing, but a lie and I don't know how to face it.

I sit on my bed, not knowing what to do or who to turn to. In moments of anger and sadness I would go to Kendall but at this moment I can't and that leaves only 5 boys that I can go to, to ask questions. After going through Harry's phone, it was clear to me that I was right, and the boys were in on it too. The only problem was I didn't know if they know what Harry told me.