2

Yang Jarim took a seat on a bench, admiring the cloudless sky above her. The last few days had been bright without an inch of rain. She was very pleased.

The girl began to take out and examine her homeworks that she'd been set to complete over the spring break, much to her class's disappointment. She couldn't blame them. Jarim's Mechanical Engineering class had been working extremely hard from day 1 and they hadn't exactly received a break yet. However, at the end of the day, they were preparing for the end-of-year exams, and Jarim was determined to receive the best possible grade.

Jarim's father, the Marshal of the Royal Air Force, had been mildly disheartened when his daughter had expressed her wish not to fly his beloved aircrafts, but in one sense, he was glad.

 She had always been a capable and independant girl with a soft and shy personality. She was sweet, kind and gentle as well as humble in her doings, and he couldn't ask for more.

The Marshal was also delighted with the fact that his two sons had chosen to pursue their father's career of choice, both Jinhyuk and Jeongin having expressed their desires to fly aircrafts and serve in the Royal Air Force alongside their father.

"Yang Jarim!"

Jarim's thoughts and concentration on her homework was disturbed by one Go Sora, the female running brightly towards her best friend who grinned.

"Your bag's filled to the brim," Jarim noted. "I'm guessing you got spring break assignments too?"

"Honestly," Sora huffed as she sat down, setting her bag onto the table. "It's like they've given me the entire library!"

"That's our holiday gone," Jarim chuckled although there was no humour in her tone. "Anyway, d'you want to meet up sometime later this week? I heard that a new store's opened,"

"Ooh, the one by the daycare?" Sora asked, the Engineering student nodding. "I'm in!"

"Cool, I'll text you the details," Jarim's phone ringing cut off their exchange and when she looked at the contact, her younger brother's name filled the screen. "Jeongin?"

"Hey, noona. Have you finished?"

"Yeah, what's wrong?"

From Jeongin's end of the phone, the boy was wringing his hands nervously as he glanced outside. "Just hurry home, I have something to tell you,"

Looking puzzled and shrugging towards a questioning Sora, Jarim replied "Okay, see you,"

"What was that about?" Sora glanced at her best friend who slipped her phone into her bag. 

"Dunno, it must be something serious though, he sounded worried," Jarim let out a sigh, before taking a stand. "I'll see you later. See you!" She called as she walked off.

"See you!"

... 

"Prince Hyunjin wants to marry me?"

The youngest of the Yang siblings were the closest. Perhaps it was the fact that Jarim was only a year older than Jeongin or the fact that the two looked quite alike, sharing the same fox-eyes and reassuring smiles as their mother. It also meant that the two knew each other inside out and shared secrets that affected both themselves as well as others.

"Well, hyung himself doesn't want to marry you," Jeongin tried to explain. "But according to Chan hyung, you fit within his and the King and Queen's standards,"

Jarim's jaw dropped. 

"B-but, I can't marry... I'm still studying... I- "

"Noona, I was against it too," Jeongin let out a frustrated sigh as he sat on the bed. "But now that I think about it, it might be a good thing,"

"How?"

"You'd be marrying a prince! What more could anyone want?"

"A prince who is the most eligible bachelor of South Korea and maybe even all of Asia!" Jarim spluttered, although her cheeks were tinted with hues of pink. 

"Prince Hyunjin is extremely handsome and I'm not going to deny it! Thousands of girls are desperate to get their hands on him, let alone marry him! They'd kill me!"

"But he's asked you, noona," Jeongin tried. "Besides, he's one of my best friends, and I trust him,"

"What about Mum and Dad, and Jinhyuk oppa?" The older girl questioned. "What d'you think they're going to say?"

"They'd be up for it," Jeongin muttered. "Dad and His Majesty are good friends,"

Jarim slumped back into the pillow behind her, eyes focused upon the clock opposite, time ticking away. She couldn't deny the fact that she too had the tiniest crush on the Prince. But who didn't? The royal was another level.

"I'll think about it," She said softly.

"Jarim!"

The youngest of the Yang siblings looked up towards their mother, Kang Taehee, who had rushed into the room, nervously patting her dress down.

"Mum?" Jeongin asked curiously. "What's going- "

"The Prince and the Queen are here!"

AUTHOR'S NOTE

 ooh, hyunjin as well as queen gowoon have arrived at jarim's house. what d'you think will happen?

i hope you're enjoying so far

stay safe and take care

xx