7

THE FUTURE PRINCESS HOLDS HER HEAD UP HIGH AS SHE DESCENDS THE STAIRS AT LAST NIGHT'S ENGAGEMENT PARTY,

HWANG HYUNJIN AND YANG JARIM'S SWEET LOVER'S TALE,

YANG JARIM : AN ENGINEERING STUDENT AND DAUGHTER OF THE MARSHAL OF KOREA'S ROYAL AIR FORCE,

WHO IS THIS BEAUTY?

Jarim snorted at the last headline that sat forefront on the newspaper, it's bold heading catching anyone's eye. If they saw what she looked like at home, then they would reiterate their words!

"You know," Her older brother, Jinhyuck, joined the girl in the living room, peering at the bold print. "I wonder how that headline would change if they saw you looking like this,"

"Oppa!" Jarim rolled up the paper before lightly smacking it on the older's arms. "I can't help it. Besides, this is comfortable, comfort over all,"

She spoke the truth. Jarim was dressed in a pair of grey sweatpants and an old t-shirt, tucked in at the front. Her hair was set loose, and the waves that had been blown in the previous day had already disappeared. A pair of glasses was perched above her head and the younger pouted, her face bare of any make-up apart from some lip-balm to soothe her dry lips.

"Has your future husband called you?" Jinhyuck asked as Jarim put the newspaper away. "What did he think of yesterday?"

"H-he," Jarim hesitated as she struggled to think of the right words. "He said I looked - good,"

"Good?" Jinhyuck frowned. "Just 'good'? Jarim, you looked ethreal last night and all he could come up with was 'good'?"

"He was probably a bit nervous, oppa," Jarim tried to divert the topic as she stood up. "I have to finish my assignments, see you later,"

...

Papers and building sketches were strewn everywhere over Jarim's desk as she tried to concentrate on her assignment. It wasn't particularly difficult, but the girl lacked focus. What her brother said continued to linger in her mind, and for some reason, it was bothering her.

Jinhyuck was right, she had looked very pretty last night, and all the Prince had managed to come up with was 'good'.

Shaking her head in frustration, Jarim stared at the paper in front of her, the numbers, symbols and equations swirling in her mind. She'd already spent an hour trying to do the work in front of her, but instead of continuing, the student slid her papers in another file before stomping downstairs towards her mother in the kitchen.

Taehee was on a call with the Queen and as she hung up, she sent a bright smile towards her daughter. 

"The dress has arrived! Gowoon unnie is sending a car right now, and we're going to the palace for your fitting. We've also sorted out the floral decorations, cakes and everything else in between!"

"Then, I'm coming too!" Jeongin had appeared from his own room as he slung an arm around Jarim, the latter of whom shrugged it off. How Jeongin had been growing taller than her, Jarim had no clue.

"I want to see the hyungs," He added.

"Then I'll get ready," Jarim beamed, slightly happier to know that her wedding dress had arrived.

Even though it was for a wedding which was to last for less than a year.

...

"And spin!" 

Jarim followed her future mother-in-law's instructions as she twirled, the dress gently spinning with her.

"Darling, can you walk okay?" Taehee asked as she fiddled with the hem of the gown. "Your heels aren't stepping on the dress, are they?"