27

"So, the carriage will ride from the cathedral and continue for around ten minutes until we reach the palace. After the procession, Hyunjin and the rest of the Royal Family will be addressing the public from the balcony, correct?"

Jarim looked towards her mother-in-law, reciting the order of events that were to take place for Hyunjin's coronation as King of South Korea.

"Perfect!" Gowoon clapped. "And the rest?"

"Hyunjin and the Royal Family will be on the balcony for approximately 8 to 10 minutes and then, they'll go inside. Hyunjin will then change out of his uniform and into something more comfortable, and we will have a private meeting with the dignitaries as well as some members of the National Assembly,"

"And at 7PM, we will have a grand dinner to finish the night," King Taeho entered the room, rubbing his stomach in amusement. "I can't wait for the food,"

"This will be a grand ceremony," Gowoon ignored her husband's comments, insetad eyeing the board marked with every detail of Hyunjin's coronation, including the amount of security present, the music that was to be played, the guest list, the food samples, the floral decorations, everything was lined on the board.

"I remember my coronation," Taeho hummed, thoughtfully. "It was grand, yes, but I think Hyunjin's will be even more magnificent!"

"Jarim-ah, have you spoken to him at all?" Gowoon asked her daughter-in-law. "Is he ready?"

"He's been preparing for this moment for a long time," Jarim grinned. "He's nervous but I can tell that he's excited,"

The room settled into a comfortable silence.

One era was ending, whilst another was just about to begin.

...

"I don't know how you can drink this thing," Jarim remarked, taking a sip from the Iced Americano that she had brought to Hyunjin, who was in his office. "It's so... I don't even know,"

"I love Iced Americano," The Prince's eyes sparkled as he snatched the drink from his wife and took a long drag from it, Jarim's expression mirroring that of a disgusted one.

Shaking her head slightly, she peered at the documents her husband had been overseeing, not fully understanding the complex words that referred to important ministerial codes and such.

She much preferred working out her maths equations.

"What does any of that even mean?" She scrunched up her nose, cutely.

Hyunjin refrained himself from cooing at her expression. 

"It's talking about the new agricultural law that the National Assembly want me to sign," He explained. "There are some benefits and some cons, but the pros outweigh the disadvantages, so they're passing it as a new law,"

Jarim blinked before mumbling. "Yeah, I think I like doing my engineering homework more,"

"At least this stuff is kinda cool," Hyunjin raised an eyebrow at Jarim. "How could you possibly like maths?"

"It's structural!" The girl said, defensively. "There's always a definite answer!"

"Doesn't explain how it's so boring!"

"It's not boring if you understand the question!"

Hyunjin chuckled as he slyly sneaked his arms around the girl's waist, pulling her onto his lap, and Jarim looked visibly puzzled and slightly flustered as his muscular arms enveloped her, her back leaning onto his chest.

"Jarim-ie," Hyunjin sulked. "Help me, this is so boring,"

"I thought you said this was cool,"

"I've changed my mind now, this is so dull, I don't want to sign all of these new laws,"

"Then, what are we going to do?"

Hyunjin moved his lush lips closer to the girl's ear, his hot breath fanning her soft skin. "Sleep?"

Jarim rolled her eyes, although he could not see it. "It's only 2PM, Hyunjin,"

"A cat-nap,"

"I'm not tired,"

The boy glowered in disappointment, before a bright expression made it's way onto his face.

"I know what we can do!" He flashed a brilliant smile to Jarim, who had turned her head to face him.

"What?"

"I can take you out on a drive with my red Porsche,"

AUTHOR'S NOTE

apologies for the shorter chapter, but i hope you enjoy it :)

how are y'all doing?

i've finished my art exam (thank God), and i kinda just want to move onto the next project.

i refuse to take portraits again

take care and stay safe

xx