31

Jarim played with the tassle at the end of the pillow cover.

She had thought about Jeongin's advice to her all throughout the day, and she had figured he was right. Communication truly was the most important thing in any relationship, and she realised that she had to talk to Hyunjin if she wanted to receive answers.

It was currently 11PM, and the engineering student was dressed in some sweatpants and a pale yellow, oversized hoodie that covered her form. Her hair had been brushed into a plait, and a few stray locks framed her face.

Just then, the door opened to reveal the newly crowned King himself, stepping into the room. It seemed he had already changed into his night-wear, as he was dressed in a pair of grey shorts and a white t-shirt, blond hair slightly messy.

"You haven't gone to bed?" He frowned, glancing at the clock situated upon the wall. "I thought you would have by now,"

"I," Jarim hesitated. "I was waiting for you,"

A small smile made its way onto Hyunjin's face. "You were?"

"Yeah, I wanted to talk to you about something,"

"Really? About what?"

Jarim took a deep breath. "Aboutourmarriage,"

"Pardon?"

"About our marriage," She repeated a little slower, although, her heart was racing double the speed.

The King raised an eyebrow. "What about it?"

He tilted his head and an adorable expression made its way onto his face, melting Jarim's heart even more.

She was head over heels for him.

"Well," She mumbled, not meeting his eyes. "When you first came to my house to ask for my hand in marriage, you said that we'd only be wed for around six months, after you get the crown,"

"Yes?"

"And then you said that a-after you've been crowned, y-you would divorce me," Jarim spun her ring around her finger, stumbling over her words. "I-I'm really scared that you're going to divorce me,"

At the last words, Hyunjin softened at her wrecked state.

"I've grown to really like you over the past few months," She whispered, softly. "You're not as bad as I thought you would be, and you've always treated me well. And I don't know what I would do if you div- "

"Jarim," Hyunjin gently took the girl's trembling figure and pulled her into an embrace. "I'm not divorcing you. Physically and mentally, I can't,"

"R-Really?"

Hyunjin hummed, his head sitting on top of the girl's crown, relishing the softness of her jet black hair.

"How could I divorce the person I fell for?"

Both were feeling a thumping pressure in their hearts, and as the King drew back from the hug, his eyes settled upon Jarim's pink lips, full of desire.

Out of pure nerve, Jarim licked her lips, not breaking eye contact whilst a flush crawled up her cheeks.

"Why are you - what are you... hmm?" Her voice was barely audible.

"Jarim," Hyunjin's voice was thick with intensity. "May I kiss you?"

The girl blinked a few times, before giving the slightest nod as the boy leaned down, grazing her lips lightly, before taking her lips completely.

His arms encircled her waist, pulling her closer to him as her hands reached to play with his hair, inwardly screaming at just how soft it was. One of his hands rubbed small circles on the small of her back, and slowly, Jarim pulled away, a pink hue on her cheeks.

Even then, Hyunjin gently pressed his forehead on hers, both staring at each other, amusement dancing in their eyes, Hyunjin's arms still around Jarim's waist.

"More," The blond demanded, and Jarim laughed softly at the pout on his lips.

Hyunjin took that as an opportunity to press small kisses everywhere. Her cheeks, her forehead, her nose, the corner of her lips.

And shyly, Jarim reached on her tip-toes to press a tender kiss on the boy's nose, before wrapping her arms around him once more.

Both were content.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

short chapter today, but i have lots of fluff

i hope you enjoy :)

take care and stay safe

xx