15

"Hey, we're here," Hyunjin lightly nudged Jarim, who had fallen asleep after an exhausting but interesting day at the Fantoni winery.

Rubbing her eyes, Jarim noticed that the villa had been lit up, looking beautiful against the darkness. Changbin, Felix and Seungmin had already left the car, wanting to see who could get to the bathroom first for a shower. 

It was just Jarim and Hyunjin.

"Did I sleep the entire way home?" Jarim asked softly, raking a hand through her dark hair.

"You started drooping when we got to the intersection," Hyunjin replied. "I can't blame you. Walking around the vineyards in this heat is tiring,"

The girl stretched her arms like cat before the married couple exited the vehicle, hearts feeling light and content at a good day.

...

"What's for dinner?" Jisung asked, his eyes scanning the fridge.

"Yeah, I'm hungry," Jeongin whined, rubbing his stomach. "Should we just order pizza?"

"I bet the Italian do the best pizza!" Changbin exclaimed. "Let's do it,"

Around an hour later, the group were hungrily digging in to a variety of pizzas they had ordered, all quite famished after an enervating day at the winery. 

Jarim too was helping herself to her own slice of the food. She had taken a shower and was currently dressed in a pair of pale pink pyjamas with her locks brushed into a low ponytail.

"Oh my God," Minho groaned as he bit into his 4th slice. "This is heaven,"

"You don't say," Chan had his eyes closed as he too enjoyed his own pizza. "Hyunjin, from now on let us come with you to Italy. I have to have this pizza every day,"

"Speaking of which," Seungmin placed his slice on his plate. "What are we doing tommorow?"

It took a minute until Hyunjin could speak, his mouth filled with pizza. "We're going to Bologna, which is an hour and a bit from here. It's quite a historical city,"

"We only have two more days," Felix pouted. "Italy's so cool,"

"You're very lucky to have been coming here for summer," Jarim turned to Hyunjin, who smiled slightly.

"It was always cool," Hyunjin tilted his head. "Grandfather would always take me to Bologna because he wanted me to learn its historical value,"

...

"Did- did you enjoy today?" Hyunjin asked uncertainly to Jarim, who had already slipped into the Queen-sized bed.

"Yeah, it was really cool!" Jarim's eyes were sparkling as she answered and it earned her a small smile from the Prince.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it,"

"I didn't know that you knew so much about the wine-making process," Jarim switched the lights off as the two were engulfed into darkness.

"My grandfather," Hyunjin said simply. "He was the type of man who wanted me to know general things, just history of other countries as well as my own,"

There was a small pause as Jarim regarded her husband's words.

"And I agree with him," She finally let out. "It's good to know these things,"

"Mm," Hyunjin hummed. "Goodnight, Jarim,"

"Goodnight, Hyunjin,"

And as the two settled into sleep, Jarim realised with a jolt that Hyunjin had bid her 'Goodnight' first.

She smiled.

...

As the blinding sun peeked through into the biggest bedroom of the villa, Hyunjin squinted.

It only took an hour and a bit to reach Bologna, and the Prince was sure that the boys as well as Jarim would be grateful if they could bag a few more hours of sleep.

Jarim.

Sleeping next to him.

Hyunjin swallowed slightly as his gaze settled upon the sleeping figure curled up next to him.

Jarim's body was pressed closely to the Prince's, apparently having wanted more warmth. One of her hands was placed upon his chest, her head resting upon Hyunjin's shoulder. Her other arm was thrown over his waist, and the engineering student looked so comfortable that Hyunjin didn't have the heart to move her.

Instead, he began studying her features. The curve of her nose, the slight pout of her lips and her long lashes that rested on her cheeks. Her skin was smooth and the only mark that was seen upon it was the little mole underneath her eye. Jarim's dark locks had been tied into a ponytail the night before, but now, they lay spread across the pillow, unruly.

Pretty.

Hyunjin blinked twice as the thought ran through his head.

He thought Yang Jarim was pretty.

Hyunjin snorted lightly. Anyone would think that the girl was pretty what with her siblings as well as her parents. 

But Jarim was a little more different than the girls that Hyunjin had been forced to meet. She wasn't a brat and she certainly didn't look down upon others or felt the need to abandon her education. She'd done the opposite.

She was the opposite.

Suddenly, Hyunjin felt movement as the girl beside him tightened her grip around his waist, snuggling into his side before choosing to open his eyes.

It took her a moment until Jarim realised that she was sleeping next to Hyunjin with a lot more skinship than he preferred.

"I'm so- "

"It's okay," Hyunjin said, gently. "It did get kinda cold,"

The pair stayed in the position for a few minutes, neither moving from the comfort of each other's arms.

For the first time since their marriage, both of them felt at peace.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

i hope y'all like this fluff :)

hyunjin may or may not be beginning to be comfortable with the idea that jarim is his wife.

how are you enjoying this so far?

i know it's slow, but there is a reason it's a slowburn

i hope you're doing well

take care and stay safe

xx