6

"Girl, if it wasn't for the fact that you were marrying the Prince, I would've whisked you away to Monaco sooner myself,"

Jarim chuckled from where she was standing, in front of the full-length mirror that reflected her appearence. 

Tonight was the Royal Engagement of Hwang Hyunjin and Yang Jarim, and the girl's heart was pounding away. She hadn't seen the Prince since his visit to her house, and it would be the first time seeing him after confirming the wedding. Heck, she didn't even have his number.

Her mother was in the dressing room as well, discussing something with the stylists, dressed in an elegant emerald green dress herself. Her father, as well as Jinhyuck and Jeongin, were downstairs in the ballroom where the engagement was being held, alongside their friends.

By Jarim's personal request, Sora had been invited to both the engagement as well as the wedding. Jarim's best friend was dolled up in a royal blue, belted midi dress that enhanced the girl's curves, and her make-up accentuated her cat-like features.

"Do I look okay?" Jarim asked her best friend and her mother who had turned away from the stylist to admire her daughter. "There's nothing wrong with the dress?"

"Jarim-ah, I promise you that you look stunning," Taehee reassured her daughter, taking her hands into her own. "The audience are going to be captivated,"

"If your future husband doesn't faint at the sight of you," Sora added firmly. "Then, I'm going to have to have some words with him,"

"Jarim-ah! Are you ready?"

Queen Gowoon stepped into the room, the stylists and maids bowing in respect before exiting the room, allowing the three other women to talk to the senior in peace. 

The Queen herself was dressed in a sophisticated ash-coloured dress with a Sabrina neckline. The hem reached a little after her toes, an elegant train following from behind. Upon her head was a tiara, embellished with Swarovski crystals, and her arms were covered with white, lace gloves.

"Jarim-ah, you are going to knock the wind out of my son," Gowoon clapped her hands in delight as a light pink dusted Jarim's cheeks.

"You look magnificent, Your Majesty," Jarim replied, a warm smile upon her face as her future mother-in-law waved a dismissive hand.

"We're going to be family within a few weeks," She insisted. "Call me Mother,"

"Shouldn't we start heading down?" Sora asked, glancing at her watch on her wrist. "It's nearly time,"

Jarim took a deep breath as she looked at herself, one last time in front of the mirror. 

"Let's go,"

...

"How long has it been since a Royal Engagement?" Changbin asked the boys surrounding him as he took a sip from his flute of champagne.

"The last one was nearly 22 years ago," Seungmin's eyes fell upon the numerous cameramen and women who were prepping their lenses, ready to take photographs of the future princess.

"When Yeji's parents got married, right?" Felix asked as the Prince nodded. "God, it's been that long?"

"I mean, there are the ones of cousins to the King and Queen," Minho took a mini blueberry mousse cake from one of the passing trays. "Three years back there was Soyeon noona's wedding?"

"But they aren't senior royals, are they?" Jisung emphasised. "This is the future King we're talking about,"

"Either way," Chan said. "Royal Engagements and weddings always draw the public in,"