4

"YOU WHAT?" Changbin yelled as him, Chan and Hyunjin settled into the Game Room where they had all been earlier. The other boys had already gone home.

"You went to her house?" Changbin's mouth was agape.

"You've confirmed the wedding?" Chan's eyes widened in shock. "B-but, we were only talking about it just this morning!"

"Well, I don't like leaving things too late," The Prince poured himself an iced Americano. "The sooner the wedding, the sooner the coronation, and the sooner I get the crown,"

"And what does Jeongin think?" Chan questioned, taking a seat on the couch. "That you're marrying his sister?"

Hyunjin paused. "Before I left their place, he... he told me not to hurt her,"

A small smile appeared on Changbin's face. "Jeongin's trusting you with Jarim, you'd better take care of her,"

The corner of Hyunjin's mouth curved up, although, his insides were crawling with a miniscule amount of guilt. 

"I will," He said before standing up to take his leave. "Americano, joha, joha,"

Chan and Changbin watched as their younger brother exited the room.

"I just hope he won't hurt her," Changbin mumbled. "Jarim's a good kid,"

"He won't," Chan answered, leaning back on the couch. "At least, I hope he won't,"

...

Jarim and Sora were chatting casually as they went down the stairs, admiring the beauty of Spring in their campus. The blossom trees were in full bloom, pink flowers everywhere and some students were taking pictures, making use of the opportunity to take aesthetic photographs.

"So I told Bora that I could babysit her little sister for a bit, but I wouldn't do it alone and I might've said that you'd join me?"

Sora pouted at her best friend who raised an eyebrow. "Jarim, my one true love, you're going to babysit Bora's little sister with me, right?"

Jarim was hesitant. "I don't know, Sora, I have a few things coming up and I don't know- "

"We'll get paid,"

"Count me in,"

But as they were about to discuss Bora's little sister, their attention (as well as the attention of the other students) was drawn away towards a fancy, sleek car that had rolled up by the curb.

"No way!" Sora clapped a hand to her mouth. "That's the Royal Family's car! Look, it has the Korean flag and the State symobol on it!"

Jarim could only watch in shock as the luxury car came to a stop, the Korean flag happily waving towards the other students who whispered in curiosity. Was that really the Royal Family's car?

A door opened, and a man wearing a dark navy suit stepped out, swiftly shutting the door behind him so as not to leave the occupants seen. His eyes, covered by a pair of sunglasses, raked over the students before landing upon his target.

"Yang Jarim?" He asked as he approached the two girls, Sora who was nervously clinging onto her best friend.

"Y-yes, that's me,"

"The Queen would like you to join her. Your mother is also accompanying her within the car. Please come this way,"

Jarim and Sora exchanged glances. 

"Better go with him," Sora whispered. "But, you'd better text me later, got it?"

"Definitely," Jarim mumbled. "I'll see you later,"

Awkwardly avoiding the intrigued stares of her classmates, Jarim followed the chaffeur into the car.

Inside sat her dear mother as well as the Queen, both of whom were talking animatedly and as the girl took a seat, the two stopped their chatter.

"Jarim, good day at school I presume?" Gowoon asked with a smile towards her future daughter-in-law.

"Yes, thank you," Jarim responded, tipping her head in a bow. "If you don't mind me asking, why are you both here?"

"Gowoon unnie insisted that we go shopping for a new wardrobe for you as well as start thinking about your engagement and wedding dress," Jarim's mother beamed at her daughter. 

"You'll be moving into the palace soon, Jarim-ah, and we want you to have only the best!" The Queen grinned. "There's a place that we must go to, it has all the shops that we need there and we'll find everything for you, Jarim,"

Jarim blinked. Of course the Queen would've rented out the entire stores so that they could buy some clothes. 

"About the wedding," Jarim asked, fidgeting with the daisy ring on her finger. "Has the news been announced yet to the public?"

"It'll be declared tonight at 7PM," Gowoon replied. "It'll be shown on the news and there will be an announcement on the gates of the palace,"

It felt like butterflies were in her stomach, but Jarim didn't feel thrilled at all. In fact, she was terrified. Her future mother-in-law was treating her so well and was ready to spend so much money on her, for a marriage that was only to last 6 months according to the Prince.

But instead of saying anything, the engineering student simply leaned back in her seat and sighed.

She had agreed to this wedding, so she would receive the consequences in the end.

...

"First stop, Chanel!" The Queen, Taehee and Jarim were inside a massive mall which Gowoon had rented out for their visit. Behind them was a bodyguard who Jarim swore hadn't been in the car earlier.

As the approached the luxury store, both Taehee and Jarim's jaws dropped at the railings filled with elegant and classy clothes, a majority of which was to end up in the younger girl's wardrobe.

The Queen and Taehee immediately went into a discussion of blouses and dresses that Jarim was to wear, whilst the girl herself hesitantly reached out for the slim black pants that were on display.

"Jarim-ah!" Gowoon called. "Here, take these and try them on. Come and show us once you've finished changing,"

In an unsure manner, Jarim took the silky white blouse and black pants and marched towards the fitting rooms.

Once she had slipped the garments on, Jarim ran her hands down the material that sat comfortably on her body. The blouse was soft and the pants enhanced her figure that she never knew she had. As she stepped outside, the two older women nodded in approvement.

"Try these next," Taehee passed her daughter even more clothes and ushered her back into the changing room.

The Queen and her mother had bought a few outfits for the younger girl to wear, and Jarim did not want to know just how much they had spent in one store.

And that wasn't the last of it! They had gone to nearly every designer store that the mall held, and after the mall, they had travelled to Gowoon's ideal store for more fancier dresses, and had informed Jarim that they were to find her engagement dress.

Admittedly, the engagement dress was a work of art. The two mothers had clapped in delight when Jarim had stepped out in the gown, looking stunning. 

"Hyunjin will faint when he sees you!" Gowoon smirked. "No, you'll make everyone in the room faint!"

"You look gorgeous, dear!" Taehee's hand was resting upon her heart after seeing her daughter. 

And for the first time since the wedding had been confirmed, Jarim felt happy.

Maybe things would go well.