26

Warm rays of sunlight peeked through the windows, and much to Jarim's annoyance, they bounced straight onto her face.

The girl squinted at the bright luminesence, and to direct her eyesight away from the glare of the sun, she buried her head further into her pillow with soft trimmings on the side.

Her pillow didn't have soft trimmings.

Confused, Jarim's eyes opened and she held in a gasp as she realised just how close her and Hyunjin's faces were.

She had never been this close to him before.

One of Hyunjin's arms was buried underneath Jarim's form, whilst the other was draped over her waist, holding her almost protectively. His face was tucked in the nape of her neck, and she could feel his light breathing that fanned her skin.

The girl blinked as she took in the boy's devestatingly handsome features, realising with a jolt that they both had a small mole underneath their eyes. 

Attentively, Jarim dragged a slender finger across the boy's face, barely grazing his soft skin. She took in the curve of his nose, the pout of his lips and the way his blond bed-hair fell in his eyes.

It appeared that Hyunjin had sensed the touch of something as the boy groaned, burying his head deeper into Jarim's neck, and the girl froze as she felt his plump lips drag across her skin.

"H-Hyunjin," She croaked, but the Prince paid no heed.

The engineering student felt his form shift onto his side, his arms wrapping around her frame firmly.

Finally, he opened his eyes, blinking a couple of times as he stared at the figure beside him.

"Morning," He grinned lightly as a light pink crawled up Jarim's cheeks at the sound of his morning voice.

He had such an effect on her.

"Morning," She replied, shyly.

"Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, I did,"

"I think that was the best sleep I've ever had since a long time," Hyunjin placed his chin on the crown of Jarim's head, pulling her closer to his chest so that she could hear the steady beating of his heart.

"M'glad you slept well," Jarim mumbled.

The two lay in silence for a little while, Hyunjin watching the gentle sway of trees as Jarim rested her head against his chest.

"What do we have to do today?" She asked.

"I have to organise more papers and sign a few things, and I think Mum wants to give you more lessons,"

"We're not going to rest properly until the coronation's over, are we?"

Hyunjin let out a laugh, his blond locks tickling Jarim as his forehead pressed against her own.

They were even closer than before.

Both, figuratively and literally.

"Well, after the coronation, we can rest, right?"

"Right,"

...

"I heard you and Jarim-ah made up," Jisung wiggled his eyebrows as he, Minho, Chan and Changbin and Hyunjin stood inside Hyunjin's office, looking at a few papers.

Jisung being the son of the Earl of Incheon held an equally important position within the country, and the boy had been Hyunjin's partner in crime when they had skipped looking over documents that they were supposed to sign.

"Yeah, we made up," Although Hyunjin didn't look at them, a smile made its way onto his face automatically as the four other boys exchanged small smirks.

"So, are we expecting any children?" Minho asked, casually and whilst the three other boys roared in laughter, the Prince burst into a coughing fit.

"They've barely made out, let alone have kids," Changbin snorted.

"Oi, stop bullying the kid," Chan ordered, although there was a small smile playing upon his lips.

"Let me be crowned King first, Minho hyung," Hyunjin rolled his eyes, and there was a light pink dusted upon his cheeks as the boy raked a hand nervously through his blond hair.

"Yes," Jisung smirked. "And then we can talk about the kids. I'm pretty sure all of us want to be an uncle, and I guarantee Yeji and Sora would love to be aunts,"