3

Both Jarim and Jeongin's eyes widened in disbelief at their mother's statement. Kang Taehee was furiously patting down the invisible wrinkles in her dress.

"Hyung's here?" The youngest Yang asked incredulously as Jarim suddenly opened her wardrobe, trying to find something decent.

"The Prince and the Queen," Their mother responded. "They're here to see Jarim,"

Jeongin and Jarim exchanged knowing looks. It seemed that the Prince wanted to hurry up with his engagement and he was not going to take 'no' for an answer.

...

"Wonderful place you have here, Taehee," The Queen's eyes fell upon the numerous photos that decorated the walls as well as the various models of aircrafts that sat on the shelves.

"Thank you, Your Majesty," Taehee bowed. "But, if you don't mind me asking, why are you and the Prince here?"

"I have something I would like to discuss with your daughter," It was Hyunjin who answered, his gaze upon one particular photo of the Yang siblings.

Just then, the girl that they had all been waiting for appeared at the doorway of the living room.

 Jarim had found something adaquete to wear in front of the royals. She had chosen a light blue dress that came just above her knees, and her hair was out of the messy ponytail that she'd tied it in earlier. Instead, she had combed out the tangles and it bounced in waves around her shoulders.

She quickly bowed, the Queen smiling softly however Hyunjin's face remained stoic, bored almost.

"Yang Jarim," The Queen stood up, placing the delicate China cup on the table. "It's good to meet you at last,"

"It's good to meet you too, Your Majesty," Jarim's expression was shy but she kept a nervous smile on her face. Why were they here?

Gowoon turned to her son who didn't cast a look towards the girl he had set out to see. Rather, his gaze was upon the dark liquid in his cup, swirling around like a tornado.

"The reason why Hyunjin and I are here today is because of Jarim," Gowoon smiled at Taehee who looked curiously at her daughter. "My son would like to marry your daughter,"

Taehee, Jinhyuk and Jarim's jaw dropped.

Jeongin coughed.

Hyunjin looked as bored as ever.

"Y-your Majesty," Taehee spluttered, however the Queen raised a hand to silence her.

"Taehee, before we talk, I think it's best that the kids talk first," Gowoon took Jarim's hand. "Jarim and Hyunjin, you two talk in the kitchen first, we'll be here,"

For the first time since he'd arrived, Hyunjin looked at the girl he 'wanted to marry'. "Come on," He said, his tone emotionless as he walked out of the living room, Jarim following in suit.

As the two arrived in the kitchen, Hyunjin locked the door behind them, causing Jarim to widen her eyes. What on Earth was he doing?

"Let me get this straight," Hyunjin began, raking a hand through his soft blond locks. "I don't want to marry you. I'm doing this because my parents said that I need to marry someone so that I can get the throne and I don't fancy any of the daughters of the Governors or the Prime Minister's daughter,"

"T-then, why are you marrying me?" Jarim asked softly, fidgeting with the sleeve of her dress. Her heart had sunk slightly from his statement.

"Because my friends recommended you and you fit my standards," Hyunjin said almost casually and if this was another situation, Jarim would've squealed.

"W-what if I don't want to marry you?" She questioned and at that, the Prince snorted.

"Yang Jarim," He tilted his head, cold eyes piercing into her own. "Don't lie. This is both good for you as well as your family, knowing you, you want the best for them, correct?"

"Yeah," Jarim mumbled. "I do,"

"Then you wouldn't refuse. Besides," He gestured to his face. "Who would resist this?"

Jarim said nothing at the Prince's comment, instead, her mind was whirring. She was having an inner debate with herself. 

"F-fine," Jarim closed her eyes, and it felt like she had just jumped off a cliff. "I'll marry you,"

"Wonderful," Hyunjin answered although he didn't seem too excited. "Then, you won't mind having a contract will you?"

"A what?"

Hyunjin leaned closer so that nobody from the other room would hear him, despite the door being shut. "A Marriage Contract,"

Jarim blinked. "You want to put a contract on our marriage? But, what will your parents- "

"They won't know," The Prince said lowly. "Let's say around six months. The turning over of the crown will happen within three months, so let's say around six months, and then we get divorced. That way, both of us will be happy, and my parents never specified how long I need to be married for,"

Jarim's heart sunk even more at the blond's idea. But she had no choice to go along with it. She wanted the best for her family and if this was the way to go, then so be it.

"Okay," She said softly. "We'll have a marriage contract,"

Although no smile or expression of endearment appeared on his face, Hyunjin was pleased. He had no idea that Yang Jarim was so easy to deal with. He'd be on the throne in no time.

...

"Marvellous," The Queen clapped her hands in delight. "Then, we'll hold the wedding within three weeks? Taehee?"

"Yes, of course," Taehee had a bright smile on her face. "We'll start preparing right away,"

"I'll be visiting you over the next weeks, Jarim," Gowoon beamed at her future daughter-in-law who only returned an anxious and guilty smile. "The engagement dress, the wedding dress and other things,"

"That sounds - fun?" 

"Trust me, Jarim," Gowoon said with a delighted expression. "You're going to have the best royal wedding that all of South Korea has seen!"

...

"My sister's going to be a Princess," Yang Jinhyuk muttered in disbelief as he paced around the living room. "Well, that was the last thing I expected!"

"I think it's the last thing any of us expected," Taehee mumbled.

"Yang Jarim, Princess of South Korea," Yang Daesung announced, the Marshal (and father) having arrived a few minutes after the royals had left. "Wow,"

"And I thought Jinhyuk hyung would be the first to get married," Jeongin smirked as the oldest of the Yang siblings glared.

"I'm marrying into the Royal Family," Jarim shook her head lightly although her heart knew the truth of her marriage.

"Let's see what happens,"

AUTHOR'S NOTE

i miss hyunjin :(

to cheer you (and me) up, here's a gif of our best boy