29

"All rise for His Majesty King Hyunjin of South Korea," The Archbishop ordered and there was a flurry of movement as the many distinguished guests in the cathedral rose in respect for the newly crowned King.

Hyunjin himself wore a regal, sparkling crown that glittered in the sunlight passing through the stained glass of the ancient building. The same crown that so many of his ancestors had worn previously before him. A grey uniform was fitted onto his body, without a single crease or wrinkle. His feet were graced with black, polished slacks and his silver earrings remained on his ears, blond hair sleeked back.

Jarim wore a white dress embellished with many jewels that glittered in the light. On her head was a crown, signifying her newly appointed position as Queen of South Korea. Her arms were covered with white, lace gloves and she looked softly at her husband.

As Hyunjin met her eye, both of them fell into a smile, and the King took his wife's arm as they were led out of the cathedral into the royal carriage that awaited them.

As they passed the influential guests, each bowed, tipping their heads in respect for their new rulers.

Sora, as well as the rest of the boys, winked at the couple who waved discreetly towards their best friends.

"Your Majesty," Jarim whispered, in a teasing tone as they settled into the carriage which began to move, proceeding along the streets of Seoul.

"You're a 'Your Majesty' too," Hyunjin glanced out of the window to the hundreds of thousands of Koreans, waving flags in a proud manner.

Jarim waved back. "Wow," She breathed. "I'm a Queen,"

"Yeah, and I'm a King," Hyunjin raised a hand to the crowd before leaning back into his seat, lazily smirking at his wife. "You're my Queen,"

Heat crawled up Jarim's cheeks as she turned towards her husband whose expression remained indifferent.

"I-I," She began, but Hyunjin cut her off.

"Oh look, we're nearly here," The two newly appointed Senior Royals turned towards the palace that was beginning to come into view. 

...

To Jarim, there were more than just a couple hundred thousand of citizens that lined the streets and the forefront of the palace just to see the Royal Family on the balcony.

There had to be at least a million people out there.

The balcony had around ten to twenty people on it. 

Hyunjin and Jarim stood in the center, waving towards the public. Besides them were Gowoon and Taeho, softly looking at the people whom they had served for the last couple of years. Taeho's brother, Hyunwoo, his wife as well as Yeji were next to them, the female Hwang sporting a similar dress to Jarim, although, she wore black lace gloves. Taeho and Hyunwoo's younger sister, Soyeon, was there as well alongside her husband. 

Jarim was surprised to see how similar Yeji and Soyeon actually looked. Both female Hwangs had the same cat-like eyes and tantalizing smiles that were plastered on their faces.

Jarim had briefly met Soyeon at the wedding, and she was a truly interesting person. The younger sister was in charge of the Royal Foundation, and was also the image of many magazines. She'd been invited to hundreds of fashion shows, and Jarim remembered hearing that she'd gone to the Paris Fashion Week around two years back.

After around ten minutes on the palace balcony, watching the Air Force fly past with the country's colours (Jarim's Father was leading the crew with pride), the group returned to the interior of the magnificent home.

The home which now belonged to a new King and Queen.

A new era had just begun.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

apologies for the short chapter, but our boy and jarim are now king and queen!

how are y'all doing?

take care and stay safe

xx