13

The group had decided to relax for the first day, worn out after the many hours spent on the jet. 

When Jarim had woken up, she'd realised that Hyunjin had already left the bed. Again. Shaking her head, the girl stretched her arms and disappeared into the bathroom, looking forward for the day.

Hyunjin had informed them that they were going to see the vineyards and how wine was made, the old-fashioned way the previous night, and the engineering student had softened at the boy's excitement at seeing the Fantoni family once more.

As Jarim exited the bedroom, wearing a white, cotton summer dress with a squared neck, she smiled at the family photos that lined the staircase. 

It was truly interesting to see the young Prince, particularly the photos that displayed his enjoyment at being with his grandparents.

Jarim still remembered the passing of the late King Kangdae. She'd only been around six at the time, but she the military parade and funeral service had been broadcasted as the country mourned for their past king. The mourning period had been 10 days, the nation weeping for the man that many had considered as their own grandfather.

Turning her thoughts away from Hyunjin's grandfather, Jarim realised that she was very much alone in the kitchen, and considering that she wanted something to eat, she decided to make breakfast, opening cabinets and cupboards to try and find something edible.

...

Squirting the last of the whipping cream, Jarim beamed proudly at her work, thinking of snapping a photo to Sora and show her best friend her brilliant cooking skills.

The girl had made pancakes, cut strawberries, blueberries and some banana as well as added syrup and whipping cream to make it delicious. 

However, unaware to Jarim, Hyunjin had slipped into the kitchen, watching the girl as she had worked, singing along to the music on her phone, which played at a low volume.

"Oh, I didn't see you there," Jarim offered a soft smile to her husband, who nodded, taking a seat on the dining table. "Breakfast?"

"You made this all yourself? The attendants could've- "

"Cooking something yourself is another feeling," Jarim cut the Prince off, sliding him a plate of pancakes alongside cutlery as the two ate quietly, admiring the view outside.

"Did... did you come here a lot?" Jarim asked, tilting her head as she looked at Hyunjin. "As a child, I mean? There are a lot of pictues, that's why I- "

"My grandparents liked to travel a lot," Hyunjin answered, staring at the flowers that swayed in the light breeze. "Every summer, they insisted that Yeji and I join them in Italy, whilst our parents worked like the Senior Royals they are,"

"It must've been hard," Jarim said softly. "Losing them,"

The blond boy was quiet for a minute, reminiscising the many memories he'd had alongside his grandparents.

"It was," He admitted. "They were the people who raised me in one sense, especially when my parents were too busy. Losing them was like losing a whole part of me, but they'd always told us to focus on the future, so..."

Jarim stared at her husband. It was the first time that he had opened up to her so much, given her more than a one-worded answer, and as the girl turned back to sip more of her coffee, she smiled.

Their peace was destroyed by the sound of Jisung yelling "Yo, Hyunjin! When are we going to find some nice Italian ladies?"

It was followed by someone whacking the squirrel-like boy's head and going "You idiot, he's married!"

Jarim was sure it was Seungmin.

"But the rest of us are still bachelors, we should be enjoying our youth!"

"Yeah, I don't think Minho hyung will be particularly happy with you trying to find your Italian ladies,"

Jisung scowled before glancing towards the married couple at the dining table, eating pancakes. "Who made pancakes?"

"I did," Jarim smiled towards the boys who were close to drooling. "Help yourselves,"

Slowly, the kitchen began to be filled with tired-looking boys, all of their appetites returning to life as they spied the food on the table.

"This is delicious, noona!" Jeongin grinned. "Thank you!"

"Right," Chan clapped his hands. "What's the plan of action?"

"I say we leave in around an hour to see the Fantoni family to see the vineyards?" Hyunjin offered, raking a hand through his locks, freezing when he felt Jarim gently tuck a stray few hairs behind his ear.

As the two stared, a light pink settling on Jarim's cheeks, the rest of the table smirked. 

The two would get together, they were sure of it. And if it didn't happen soon, then the boys would just have to give them a little push.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

apologies for the short chapter, but i hope you enjoy it :)

i would love to visit italy and the tuscany. i've always seen it on tv and making wine the old-fashioned way is truly interesting.

i hope y'all are doing good and don't forget to stay healthy and take your meds if you need to <3

take care and stay safe

xx