CHAPTER 7:

ELONA'S POV...

The day after, I was woken up earlier than anticipated, due to the fact that Akeela was banging on my door trying to bring me the apology cake she baked. If I had to be completely honest, after I tasted Akeela's cake, I'm not as mad as I thought I'd be. Did it look like something Gordon Ramsey would not even glance at? Yes. But it almost tasted as good as Live looks.

Akeela is one lucky b*tch since she has no classes today. Unfortunately, that is not the case for me, I have afternoon lectures until 6pm - which is the time school ends. To be frank, after my Ethics lecture finished, which I can safely say is the most boring and weirdest mandatory course ever, I felt extremely bad for the professor since only a quarter of the class had even bothered to attend. Anyway, it's finally time for my last lecture of the day!

As I make my way towards the huge flight of stairs to the Psychology lecture room, I hear Live, "Yo Cinderelona, carry my bags too." This doofus cannot be serious right now. Is he really making me carry his sports bag, guitar bag and his backpack along with my tote bag? "Hmm... actually let's take the elevator since my legs hurt." I hear him complain. "Aren't seniors and professors only allowed to use the elevator?" I ask softly. "Yeah but you're good, cause you're with me." Live replies.

I awkwardly shuffle into the elevator with my four bags, and watch as the floor numbers increase as we move up on the elevator. Just as we were about to reach the fourth floor, the elevator unexpectedly stops and the lights inside go off. I, in a panic, drop all the bags and move to the corner of the elevator and sit down as I hear Live complain about having no signal. We try to press the emergency button on the elevator but no one replies.

"Give me your phone" Live instructs. "Well sh*t, there really is no signal. Cute wallpaper by the way." Live jokes, which results in me getting embarrassed and snatching my phone back. "Where the f*ck are the maintenance staff" I exclaim anxiously. "They must have probably ended their shifts early today." Live replies. "F*ck f*ck f*ck! I'm doomed." I grumble. "Chill, they'll probably get here by morning at the latest." Live states. "The morning!?" I whine, "I can't do this... my claustrophobia can't deal with this."

Unexpectedly, Live tries to calm me down. He sits down next to me, and gently places my head on his shoulder. At this point tears are tripling down my face, but having his arm around me makes me feel better. He then continues to pat my head gently and hums a lullaby. My heart rate is starting to slow down to its normal pace, my palms become less sweaty, I stop crying and overall I'm starting to feel much better.

LIVE'S POV...

I've never seen Elona this fragile. I am used to seeing her going off at me, but not making a huge scene. She definitely isn't a fire-head, but she still has a sense of sternness to her. You do not fear her, but you also don't want to cross her. I am seeing her in a new light. It just makes me want to comfort her. I don't know what has come over me, but while we're stuck in this elevator I might as well just make the most out of it.

I look down at her and she's fallen asleep. I have no idea what time it is, so I lean forward to grab my phone from the floor and notice her soft, plump, pink lips. Her eyelashes are long and slightly curled and there's a little mascara under her eyes that ran off when she was crying. Nonetheless, she still looks effortlessly beautiful. I cannot hold back, and give her a peck on her forehead.

I feel slightly guilty, because I was the one that suggested using the elevator. But in my defense, I was doing it for her. I did not want to see her struggling up the stairs with all my bags. To be honest though, I'm kind of grateful to be spending time with her, even though she's asleep.

I gently place her head on my legs, and cover her with my jacket. It must have been really late because before you know it, I had fallen asleep.

- END OF CHAPTER 7 -