Chapter 16:

LIVE'S POV...

I can't believe I just did that - she didn't seem to mind though. We head back to the hotel to check-in. Elona looked a bit perplexed when she saw that we only received one room key, but she seemed okay with it once she saw that there were two beds in the room. I know I may seem like a douchebag, but I don't like rushing into things, especially since I just got dumped. I also don't want it to seem like I'm using her as a rebound.

ELONA'S POV...

Our room had an amazing view of the beach. I'm not going to lie. I was a bit hesitant when I saw there was only one room key. But I don't regret trusting my gut - I know that Live is a gentleman. We spent the rest of the day exploring Busan before heading back to the hotel. It was around 10 o'clock and we were exhausted since we had only had about an hour of sleep each. Live let me use the bathroom first to shower. As I got out of the shower, I unzipped my bag to look for my pj's and realized that I had left them in the girls' dorm bathroom since I was in a rush.

"Hey Live.." I say, awkwardly from behind the bathroom door. "You okay?" he replies. "Well um... do you have an extra top I could borrow. I left my pj's behind." I say. Live scoffs. "Sure, give me a second." He hands me an oversized white tee through the door. "Thanks," I reply. Luckily for me, I'm short, so the tee covers everything that needs to be covered.

I let Live use the bathroom and scroll through my phone. I suddenly realise that I forgot to come up with an excuse for Akeela. She must be worried as f*ck. Surprisingly, I have no messages from her. I sent her a message telling her that I went to visit my Aunt Jemima - who moved to Korea after getting married. I also mentioned that I was sorry for not texting her sooner. I leave it at that because I know that if I say anything else, she is going to catch on.

Live comes out of the bathroom shirtless. I can't help but stare for a second - he's got well-defined abs. I quickly look away. "Forgetting something?" I say, trying not to make eye contact. He laughs, "Oh, I hope you don't mind. I usually sleep without a shirt." "Nah it's cool," I say slightly flustered. "What excuse did you tell DPR?" I ask. He smirks, "I told them I had to go for a meeting in Thailand." "Of course you did," I reply sarcastically.

I soon doze off on my bed.

LIVE'S POV...

This is the second time I've seen Elona asleep, and she's still cute. I fall asleep soon after, before waking up from the sound of thunder.

ELONA'S POV....

I can hear someone crying. I open my eyes and notice Live sitting on his bed with his arms wrapped around his head on his knees. Live is crying. Could it be because of the thunderstorm?

LIVE'S FLASHBACK...

It was a rainy day, and my best friend came to pick me up with his car so that we could go celebrate graduating high school. We were on our way to a bulgogi place a bit far away, so we had to cross a bridge to get there. It started getting really stormy - there was lighting that pierced through the dark night sky and thunder which sounded like banging bricks in the clouds. We decided to keep on driving since we were almost there anyway. All of a sudden, my friend lost control of the car and we started swerving uncontrollably. Before we knew it, we had crashed into the railing of the bridge and after that, I went blank. I woke up in a hospital bed to the news of my best friend passing away. I still feel guilty to this day. If I had suggested leaving a bit later when the rain had cleared up, he would have also survived...

ELONA'S POV...

"Live..." I say, concerned, "Are you okay?" He continues crying. I get out of bed and walk towards him. I tap him on his back and he glances at me. His nose is all red and tears are flowing out of his eyes. I take a seat next to him on his bed and hug him. "It's okay, I'm here," I say. He continues crying but starts to calm down after some time. "I won't ask you about it, so just talk to me if and when you want to," I say. He nods. I continue comforting him. I figured I should repay him for when he helped me in the elevator. I grab him a glass of water, and soon he falls asleep on my shoulder. I don't move, and eventually, fall asleep with him.

The next morning, I wake up early and find Live still sleeping. I gently move off of the bed and re-adjust his blanket over him. I then get showered and dressed and head across the street to get some breakfast and coffee. I go back to the hotel room and find Live still asleep. I see him sweating, so I touch his forehead and see that he has a fever. He wakes up. "Live, what happened. You've got a fever!" I say concerned, "Wait here, let me get you some medicine." "Don't worry about it, it'll probably go away after some rest. "No, I'll be right back," I say. I leave the hotel, get some medication from the pharmacy downstairs and buy some porridge.

The rest of the day, I look after Live and tell him not to worry about the trip since we did so much yesterday already. We end up binge-watching Netflix. Akeela has been oddly quiet - maybe my excuse really did work? I'm sure she'll be fine by herself for three days.

The next day, Live was feeling much better, so we decided to head back to Seoul after stopping by an art center.

LIVE'S POV...

We stop by an art center. Elona is so interested in the artwork. The way she looks at the different pieces is magical. It looks as though she can feel all of the emotions of the painter like he/she/they possessed her. It's as if she is able to enter the paintings and experience all the love, pain, happiness and heartbreak. Her eyes sparkle as she looks at this one piece. I take her hand, she smiles and doesn't let go. We walk around for a bit, admiring the hard work of all the artists.

ELONA'S POV...

I insisted on driving since I think Live should rest. I am very persuasive, and end up driving. After 4 hours, we arrive back in Seoul and I drive Live to his place. He tries to drive me to the dorms, but I just tell him to go rest since he's still a bit sick. "Don't forget your meds, okay? I nag. "Yeah," he smiles, "See you tomorrow!" he says. After saying goodbye, I grab a taxi and head back to the dorms. As we head to Yonseo, Live keeps running through my mind. I remember the kiss on the beach, him falling asleep in my arms and holding his hand in the art center. My heart is beating so fast, and I can feel the butterflies fluttering in my stomach. I can't help but blush when the taxi driver asks if he is my boyfriend.

I arrive at Yonseo and see Akeela getting out of the front seat of Ian's car.

- End of Chapter 16 -

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Are you enjoying DPR: Will it End in Despair, Payback or Romance? 

Let us know in the comments! We read all your feedback <3

Have an amazing day/evening!

 🧡🦊🏵✨