On The Road Again

Cecelia was sat on a bench reading a book to occupy her time as she waited for the Elrics to show up, the train being maybe five minutes away. She had changed out of her military uniform into something more comfortable, a black pair of jeans with a leather jacket that was two sizes too big for her, giving her arms plenty of breathing room and covering most of her upper body. She wore leather gloves as well with a grey knitted crop top, showing a sliver of her stomach, its neckline being right around her throat. It hid a pendant that hung from a gold chain around her neck. She covered her feet with black boots that were loosely tied, covering the colorful fuzzy socks she'd be too embarrassed to wear in public, but too comfy to not wear on the ride.

"Cece!" A tinny voice called out to her. She immediately recognized the voice as Elicia. She put her book down on the bench and stood to look around the station, quickly spotting the small child holding her mother's hand and the hand of a young blonde girl, Winry. Cecelia ran towards the small child who ran right into her arms. The two girls laughed as Cecelia spun the small girl in her arms.

Cecelia stopped spinning and rested the child on her hip. "Eli! How is my favorite little minx?"

The little girl laughed and her mother came to retrieve her daughter. "She's been starting to help her mother around the house."

"It's so good to see you, Gracia, it has been too long," Cecelia said, giving the powerhouse behind the Hughes a smile. "Is the Lieutenant not here?"

"No, he had to go to work, but he told me to wish you luck on your mission," she said with her ever kind voice and smile.

"Next time you see him tell him I said goodbye and thank you."

Elicia interjected, raising her hand like she was in school, "I will, I will!"

Cecelia grinned, "Thank you, Eli," She turned her attention to the Elrics, but then to Winry who held a bag with her. "I guess you'll be accompanying us on our way to Dublith."

"Actually, she's coming with us to see Rush Valley," Ed answered for her.

Cecelia approached the elder Elric, "Allow me to introduce myself in a less formal manner. My name's Cecelia, I'm only here as back up in case an emergency occurs."

He pouted slightly, but when Al casually bumped his brother's shoulder he sighed and held out his left hand to shake. Cecelia was hesitant, her left arm, well, she just didn't want to use that hand. But she didn't have much of choice. With a lacking amount of confidence, she shook his hand. He gripped her hand hard, but Cecelia definitively didn't show it. Ed's bland face turned to one of pure cockiness. Cecelia did not have any confidence, especially with his smirk, but she plastered one of the same caliber. He released her gloved hand and Cecelia turned to the armored Al and smiled. Though Cecelia couldn't quite tell, she believed Al returned the smile through squinted eyes and a little laugh.

The whistle for the train to Dublith caught the groups attention. "I guess it's time to go," Alphonse stated.

Cecelia rushed to the two women of the Hughes family, planting a kiss on Elicia, reminding her to tell her father goodbye for her and bidding Gracia a kind and quick goodbye. Cecelia quickly gathered her things from the bench she was sat on, while the Elrics and Winry bid adieu to the people they had come with.

Once they were all done with their goodbyes, they all rushed on the train, that was threatening to leave the four behind. The four Planting themselves in the first empty seats they could find. Cecelia's new acquaintances crowded the single window to wave to their friends. As the train pulled out of the station they returned to their seats, Alphonse and Ed by the window and Winry sitting on the aisle next to Ed and across Cecelia.