Falling In Head First

Cecelia's teeth grit together, jaw clenched tight as Gracia did her hair. Archie had wanted to bring in his old makeup girl and give her another job after all the years without an act but Cecelia demanded that at least for this first show, it would be Gracia helping her with her look of the night. "Have I mentioned how gorgeous you look in this dress?"

Gracia pinned up her last strand of hair, twisting it into a gentle curl. Cecelia pressed her lips into a tight smile. "You mentioned it." A slight laugh escaped her lips.

Gracia pressed her reaffirming hands on Cecelia's shoulders. "I'm so proud of you, my darling girl," it had been quite some time since Gracia and Cecelia had a moment alone. "You're going to dazzle up there. I can't wait to see you shine. I just know Hughes would be over the moon knowing you're dancing again."

Cecelia managed to let a full smile grace her lips almost seeing Maes with one hand on her shoulder and one hand on Gracia's. "I'm sure he's with us," Cecelia stated smiling at her.

Gracia sniffled and tried to wipe away her sudden swell of tears, managing to keep her smile as her eyes glazed over, she patted Cecelia's shoulder. "Well, enjoy the warm-up with the band, I'm going to go make sure Elicias's not causing any trouble for Archie." She looked over at Cecelia one more time gently cupped her face in her hands and kissed the girl on her forehead. "Good luck darling. Wave to me on stage won't you?" Cecelia nodded holding onto Gracia's hand for as long as she could and she watched her mom disappear behind a curtain.

"Greed!" Envy called, waving down his brother. Greed stopped his pace, walking down an alley, taking an extra long route to the Angels Den. "There you are damn, I've been looking everywhere."

"What do you want?" He groaned. Greed had no patience for this interruption, he had an important stop to make before going to the concert.

"I've come to tell you that you're being relieved from your tailing duties. You don't have to follow that brat girl anymore," Envy explained in his condescending voice.

"Huh," Greed stepped toward him, not caring for what must be coming next. "So that means I can go then?"

"Not so fast," Envy shook his finger, placing a hand on his hip. "Father has a new assignment, he needs you back in the base."

"I'll swing by later, after dark," Greed dismissed Envy with a wave of his hand.

Envy grabbed his shoulder and pulled him back. "There is no later Greed. Father wants you back now." Greed's eyes narrowed, and he froze, staring down at Envy, his lips turned down, looking at the shorter homunculus. Envy snarled at him, his grip tightening sharply. "He's is not asking, this is an order."

There was something in Envy's eyes daring Greed to try something, to walk away. "Woah, calm down brother," Greed shrugged his shoulders back roughly shaking free of envy. His brother's attitude was from something more, "I'm sure it won't take long anyway way."

Cecelia looked out over the crowd of people starting to fill in the dining tables, servers already buzzing, gathering orders. More and more faces that Cecelia recognized were turning up. Archie dragged her from the curtain. "Stop peaking."

"This was a mistake," Cecelia started to breathe heavily. "I think I'm going to puke."

"No you're not, drink this." He pushed a small cup into her hand and patted her back. "It'll kill your nerves."

"What is it?" Cecelia asked feeling the ice-cold glass in her hand.

"Tell yourself it's water," Archie instructed when he got a look of suspicion from the girl. "It'll open up your throat."