A Stolen Watch, It's Important

"Rush Valley!" Winry cried, gawking at the multitude of automail limbs. They walked through the city and Cecelia started to feel very hot. This place had a dry heat about it, and her heavy leather jacket was making the heat worse. On most occasions, she would opt to keep her jacket on, but with so many people sporting and showing off their automail proudly, she felt comfortable enough to take off her jacket and reveal her prosthetic arm, tying the coat around her waist.

Her automail wasn't anything to look at, a simple design, meant only to be used as an arm and hand. It was out of date and she hadn't got it looked at in quite sometime. She had only been doing routine maintenance on it by herself, so it was worse for wear for sure.

Cecelia hadn't really been paying attention until someone called out to Ed. A multitude of mechanics surrounding him, then Al, then her.

"Woah kiddo," a man said, catching her automail arm to get a good look at it. "This arm is about to fall apart."

Another man chimed in, "It's a unique model for sure, but it'll be coming apart soon."

Cecelia felt very uncomfortable, "Y-yeah, I haven't gotten it looked at in a long time."

"Don't worry little lady," another young gentleman said with a smile, "I give discounts to first time customers."

Cecelia wasn't about to get a new model. Sure her mechanic was no one special, and she hadn't talked to the man in a long while, but the task of getting a new arm wasn't one she wasn't willing to go through. "Oh, I'm not looking for a new prosthetic."

"Are sure, kid?" the first man spoke, "I assure you my prices are better than Larry's over there."

"Hey, come on Henry, no need for that talk."

Cecelia need to get away from them, now. "I'm really not looking for any replacements yet, so if you'll excuse me," She slipped her automail arm out of another mechanics hand and hurried her way over to Winry. "Geeze, these guys are really pushy."

But Winry wasn't listening, much to Cecelia's dismay, the girl was looking at her automail with bright eyes. She started rattling off everything about her model, the good, the bad, the unique design, the little embellishments that the original mechanic had put on without her consent.

"It might as well be an antique!" she exclaimed. Cecelia sighed, that was just a kind way to call it old. But both their attention turned to Ed who held a stressed face. "Is something wrong?"

Ed checked his pockets vigorously, "It's gone." he stated, sweating profusely.

"What did you lose?" the three asked simultaneously.

Ed turned his pockets inside out. "Only the thing that proves I'm a state alchemist, my silver watch, gone."

Al and Winry fell into a similar panicked state as Ed, but Cecelia did one check of her pocket to find it still in place. "I've still got mine, thank god."

"Sounds like you guys had a run in with Paninya," a man stated.

"Paninya?" Ed repeated, calming down enough to have an intelligent conversation.

An other man answered for them, "Oh yes, a pit pocket around here who likes to target tourists."

Edward leaped into action. "Do you know how I can track her?" The mechanics were trying to get another look at Eds automail, but when Ed threatened them, turning his automail into a blade, they gave way pretty easily.