Into the Fire

The forest was filled with sounds of explosions. The four were hidden in the bushes, watching Gluttony throw his tantrum. The children were shaking in their boots.

"I know we said we'd stay and all," Ed whispered, "But that's seriously freaky."

"He seems a bit angry," Ling quivered.

"How are we going to catch him?" Alphonse asked.

"I've got no clue," Cecelia huffed. He could consume anything in his path in only a matter of seconds. And the eye in his stomach made Cecelia uneasy.

There was a noise directly behind them, Ling turned and pushed Cecelia behind him.

"A dog?" Alphonse stated.

A dog that almost resembled a Great Dane with red eyes leered down from the top of a hill. Its mouth opened, but instead of a bark, it spoke. "Stop it! Now Gluttony."

Gluttony seemed to calm down for a second. "A talking dog?" Edward asked.

"Hey, long time no see," the dog greeted. Familiar red lightning protruded from its body as it's hind legs warped and the dog transformed into a human with dread like hair. "How are you, Full Metal pipsqueak?"

Edward jumped into action, going into a frontal assault, yelling "Damn it! I told you before! Don't call me short!"

The homunculus dodged Edwards's attack. "Hey calm down! I'm just here to get Gluttony back! I don't want to fight you, pipsqueak!"

"That's five now!" Edward shouted.

"What are you talking about?"

"Five times!" Edward continued, "You called me pipsqueak twice here, and three times at the laboratory. Don't tell me you've forgotten already!"

"Impressive. You've got a sharp memory there." The homunculus said.

"Alphonse, who is this guy?" Cecelia asked as Gluttony ranted to the new player about Mustang getting away.

"That's Envy, he's another homunculus!" Al answered.

Well obviously he's another homunculus, Cecelia thought. She listened as Envy told Gluttony that he didn't get the Colonel, herself, or the Elrics.

"I've sensed this kind presence before. Just how many human souls are inside you, homunculus?" Ling readied himself for another fight.

"I know you, you're the kid who crossed swords with Wrath, aren't you?" Envy asked. Wrath must have been Fuhrer Bradly's real name then, Cecelia thought.

"What do you mean, 'kid'?" Ling started. "I happen to be the twelfth son of the Emporer of Xing."

Envy did not seem impressed with Ling's lengthy title. "Eat him," Envy said.

Ling took off screaming, and Gluttony followed laughing. Cecelia couldn't stop her legs from chasing after Gluttony to fight alongside Ling. A wall separated her and Gluttony from Ling. Envy was trapped on that side of the wall.

"Cecelia!" Edward called, "As my personal bodyguard, I command you to protect Ling."

Cecelia smirked. "You don't command me to do anything, ass!" Cecelia jumped the wall and landed behind Envy. She threw a sharp jab into Envy's side, When Envy turned to fight her too, she took a step back and transmuted herself a weapon, and Ling took the distraction to slash Envy's back.