About Our Teachers

"Tell me about your teacher," Cecelia requested excitedly. Ed possessed amazing abilities so she could only imagine the power his teacher had.

Sweat dripped from Ed's face, simply from the mention of his teacher. "She is pretty intense."

"That's an understatement," Alphonse interjected.

Both of the boys seemed to be oddly scared by the memory of their teacher. Cecelia's teacher was fairly scary and unconventional too, but by the way the boys reacted, she started to expect their teacher was a bear.

Her teacher was a man who had started to descend into madness, following conspiracies that no sane person would be able to keep track of (He always rattled on about them and Cecelia would nod along as if she understood his "Findings"). He had boarded himself up in a cabin towards the north. She, as a ten-year-old child, barely able to cook for herself, trecked her way up to him. She had heard rumors of him being the best alchemist to learn a type of alchemy that could be applied to thousands of situations. However the rumors were old ones, and her teacher had lost the edge many townspeople remembered him having. He had taught her a lot, a bit of medical, a bit of creation, and a lot of alkahestry, but it all centered around his blood. He had learned an alchemic (or alkaheic, she was never sure) trick to keep from dizzying in a fight, which Cecelia had learned as well. Her alchemy was unique enough to make it in to being a State Alchemist, but it was impractical in reality. She could only fight in close quarters and when she had to fight people with guns, she would have to rely on others or the chance of her being able to get close to them again. She wanted to meet their teacher, to learn more defensive and long distance alchemy. She was sure she would be able to learn it if she was given the chance.

"What kind of Alchemy do you use?" Ed asked they both seemed to be curious about her alchemy. Cecelia didn't like showing off her alchemy, it generally made people think less of her. Not that she could blame them, it was an odd choice of study.

"Oh," Cecelia fidgeted with her thumb, "Its a pretty... weird type of alchemy."

"How do you mean?" Al turned to her.

She was basically hugging the window. She opted to sit next to Al despite the fact she'd have less room. She took off her gloves and pulled on the tip of her metal finger and revealed a little scalpel.

"What's that for?" They asked at the same time.

She didn't answer them, as she cut the palm of her right hand that had a fairly dark scar almost as wide as her hand.

"Hey!" Ed interrupted, grabbing her hand away from the now open cut. "What are you doing that for?" He hadn't noticed that Cecelia never flinched while cutting her hand, but Al had.

"Just wait." Cecelia pulled her metal hand away from Ed's grasp. She quickly clapped her hand like Ed did when he transmuted. Alphonse didn't react to her doing so, meaning Ed had told him her past. Cecelia moved her automail hand away from her cut and blood followed from it, defying gravity. Her hand wrapped around the blood and it formed into a small dagger. The cut stopped bleeding but didn't close. "See I use my blood to form weapons. Course I can use other people's blood to do that too, but it's a bit of a hassle."

Ed and Al seemed shocked. "Why use such an odd type of Alchemy, how do you manage to stay conscious during a fight?"

Cecelia's face lit up, this was the more interesting side of her alchemy. "Oh that's actually super cool! You see I use adrenaline and transmute it into substances that the cells already use to expand them. It makes it easy to use at least twenty percent of my body's blood without suffering major consequences. Not to mention the process controls how much adrenaline is pumped into the system, allowing for proper thought."