Forget Me Not

"Geez..." Ed groaned on the train. Ling and Winry had joined Cecelia and the Elrics on their ride to Central. Ed was anything but happy with Ling's insistence to travel with them and being squished into one bench with Winry and Al, while Ling and Cecelia had plenty of room. "I'm really busy, you know. I wasted a lot of time getting my arm fixed again. No thanks to you."

"Then you shouldn't have broken it, to begin with!" Winry scolded over the rattling train engine.

"Yeah yeah."

Cecelia grabbed her metal arm with a smirk. "Thanks again for my arm Winry, I think I'm in love with it."

"I'm glad! Etching the designs was super fun." Winry turned to Ed, "Speaking of which, Ed, Cecelia paid her bill, are you ever going to pay off our tab?"

"Tell that to this guy!" Ed glared at Ling. "I'm going to send your lackeys my automail bill."

Ling laughed off Ed's threat, "I'll talk to those two later, please forgive them. The girl's name is Lanfan, the older fellow is Foo. Their family has served my family for generations. I hope you guys can get along."

"You must come from a really important family to have two personal servants," Al commented.

"Yeah, why is that?" Cecelia asked.

"Well, I'm a prince of Xing."

"A prince?" the Amesetrians exclaimed together. Now that Cecelia thought about it, Ling did mention something like that over their tea. Ed and Al crunched over laughing at the idea. Cecelia was pretty sure they were thinking of the wrong sort of prince

"Not the reaction I was expecting," Ling commented.

"Sorry," Al recovered wiping a tear from his eye, "It's hard to imagine a prince collapsing in the street and mooching off some random people."

"And being too chicken to travel without your handlers," Ed snorted.

"Well, it is dangerous for a kid to travel alone."

"A kid?" Winry muttered

"How old are you?" Cecelia had thought he looked too young to be an adult, but he sure didn't look like a kid.

"Me? I'm fifteen years old."

He's huge! The group of teens thought.

Winry whispered something to Ed. He was almost sixteen, but Ling was way taller than him. She just turned fifteen and she was around Ed's height. Now that she thought about it, how tall was she?

Ed stood and insisted Ling stood as well. was way taller than Ed, who was obviously angered by his own short stature. "You have a freakishly adult face!"

He changed the subject, Cecelia thought. A blade poked its way through the roof of the train car. Cecelia reacted quickly, knocking Ed's feet from under him, causing Ed to fall on his ass, but the blade missed him completely. Cecelia smirked as Ed stared in shock at the blade. I'm a great bodyguard. An eye peered through the hole in the roof and low female voice grumbled to Ed.

"Lanfan?" Al asked.

"Are they on the roof?!" Cecelia cried.

"They think they're going to get a free ride?! Conductor!"

Ling laughed at Ed's efforts, "You don't honestly expect them to be caught so easily, do you?"

After the teens settled back into their seats Cecelia started to ask Ling about the Xingese culture, almost never letting up.