Chapter 11: Slight interest

-Monday-

Star's outfit above.

Walking down the halls I carry my journal in my bag not wanting to wear anything to fancy. Not spotting one student I remember that passing time already happened about a half hour before. Continuing on I head to James' office to check in and see if I can do something that will help, but will also get me closer to the students. 

Entering the main office I am welcomed with many cheers and screams causing me to jump in surprise. Being caught off guard Marcel hugs me in happiness, at this I send him a few feet away with a hard shove not realizing I'm in survival mode. Groaning Marcel lands on the ground making the other secretaries stare in surprise and look concerned.

Before anyone could do anything James' office door is opened by him trying to figure out what the commotion was. My face doesn't change from the intimidating glare but now I am facing James, noticing my state he asks us all what happened. Marley and Carin answer him noticing I wasn't going to speak obviously still in my state.

Hearing that Marcel hugged me he questions him trying to get more information. Answering James he says getting up, "I hugged her but now that I think about it she didn't see it coming. She was a little shocked from the noise." Looking back at me he rubs his back from the pain. 

Understanding what was said his face snaps to me watching my tensed body as he approaches me cautiously. Standing right in front of me he slowly places his hands on my shoulders. Registering this I realize he's standing in front of me, feeling him pull me into his office I allow him do so.

Once the sound of the door closing is heard I feel James embrace me in a warm hug recognizing  his touch I begin to calm down. Returning the hug I breath large breathes holding in my frustration from every time I've reacted like this. 

Feeling my body relax he pulls away at arms length still touching me. He looks into my eyes moving a stray hair as he says, "Hey you're okay. Everything is fine." Getting out of my state I nod slowly, feeling bad for Marcel I tell James that I'll be back. 

Reentering the office I walk towards Marcel and quickly apologize for my behavior. Telling me he's fine he waves me off saying it was obviously a reflex and that he understands. Feeling better and that there was no hard feelings I head back. Asking James as I return to his office I say, "Is there anything I can do around the school?" 

Answering me he tells me he needs flyers to be brought to all the senior classes immediately. Given the perfect opportunity I take the large stack of copies and head out his office faster than you can say scrumdiliumcious. Walking out of his office I once again don't notice the longing look he has aimed at me.

As I entered and left half the classes I was disappointed that I didn't find Milo's class. Although I laughed at everyones reaction as I entered their classes. As I would walk in they would snap their heads at the door in curiosity, then the boys will be blushing heavily as the girls would fangirl while very few of them would try to ask about the idols.

Not aiding into their attention I just dropped the flyers and left the classes waving bye at them. Entering one of the last few classes I need to visit I pull open the door after knocking. Walking in I head straight towards the teachers desk I set the papers down informing them they're from Principal James. Feeling a burning stare I turn and realize I have finally located Milo.

Using this chance I insist that I'll pass them around, allowing me to she returns to the lesson. Starting at the front I avert my gaze continuing on down the classroom as I still felt his hard stare. Once I get to his desk I found that his stoic face never changed this whole time, from behind I place the paper in-front of him leaning over as I brush my body against his back 'accidentally'. 

Using my heightened hearing I hear his heartbeat speed up. Moving back I finish the rest of the class informing their teacher I'll be heading out. Thanking me she didn't notice as I sent a wink at Milo when I was walking out while his eyes followed my movements.

Feeling accomplished I finish dropping the papers at the 4 remaining classes. Returning to James's office I inform him I've finished and that I'll be somewhere around the school until the last bell rings. Nodding at my statement he leaves me to do what I want. 

Walking around the halls I put up some of the left over flyers on the bulletin boards around the school. Once I've finished that I head to the track knowing Gavin is testing his students on their mile run. Arriving I notice his back is towards me, not wasting the chance I quietly dropped my bag on the ground and jump on his back making us both to fall to the ground.

Laughing I am pushed away by him, noticing it was me he shakes me by the shoulders. "You have to stop doing that Star. You scared the life out of me." I laugh harder knowing I did exactly what I hoped I would.

Shaking his head he says, "You make me want to murder people." Finishing my laughing fit I say, "Awe Gavy you couldn't hurt a fly." Looking at me as I finished my statement he narrows his eyes towards me. 

"How's the testing?" At my question he answers, "they are actually a little behind from last year." Hearing his concerns I send them a small amount of energy to help them hurry a little more to make sure Gavin isn't stressed. Noticing them get a fraction faster a smile is placed on his face.

30 minutes later everyone finished up their final lap then headed to change from their gym clothes ready to go home.

As the final bell is heard I close up my journal and shove it into my bag pulling it on as I get off the nearby bleachers. Following Gavin we both leave the track heading our separate ways. Getting to the parking lot I notice Milo is sitting in his car by himself, by the looks of it he's waiting for something. 

Getting further from the school I am about to pass his car, hearing a honk I am stopped. Turning towards the noise I am now facing his car not waiting for a signal I walk to his side. Bending over until I am face to face with him I place my arms draping them over his window.

Shooting him an innocent smile his face once again doesn't change, not waiting I speak. "Hey stranger." At my words he lifts a brow. Continuing  playing hard to get I say, "If you have nothing to say then I have no business speaking with a minor." Knowing that'll make him speak I add effect turning away and beginning to walk. Not a moment later I feel him grab my wrist before I am one foot away from his car.

"Wait." A deep voice says. Turning with an expectant look I ask, "yes?" He then says, "I'm not a minor." Raising my brow I motion for him to continue. "I'm 20, I flunked twice." Getting closer to his car again I give him a fake concerning look that I know he'll believe. Once I do that I brush my hand over his check hearing his heartbeat pick up once again. "That must be difficult, you'll get it this time don't worry love."

Pulling away I begin to leave. Catching my attention again he asks for my name answering him I say, "Nova, just Nova." I then question him, "how bout you? Whats your name love?" Already knowing his name I turn ready to leave as he says that it's Milo Harris. Heading towards my car I leave knowing the girls are hanging out at the cafe.

Got him for sure.