Chapter 23: Explanation

Continuing last chapter.

As I wait a little longer I watch the building that is the location of my biggest fears burn down in flames. With a sad smile I hum a song that resembles the way I feel at the moment. With a few words I sing lightly and remember Orion.

How can I say this without breaking?
How can I say this without taking over?
How can I put it down into words?
When it's almost too much for my soul alone
I loved, and I loved and I lost you

At the last few words I am interrupted by a squad car rolling in. Swiping a traitorous tear away I wait for an officer to get out of the vehicle. As a familiar person gets out the car I see how they've aged in the past 8 years.

"Officer Cameron." Startled that I know his name he asks how I know it. "I'm the girl that called for help 8 years ago sir." Seeing his eyes light up in recognition he speaks happily, "Oh my have you grown. Come child. I'm glad to see that you are happy and healthy." Hugging him I confirm his expectations.

Asking if I recovered quietly I speak, "I've been fine since about 6 years sir. All thanks to you." Waving me off he gets to business looking at the unconscious bodies, "So I'm here for transport I guess."

Laughing sheepishly I reply, "yup. They are actually my abductors but recently they've been apart of a cartel that has been running an operation that we've raided but they got away. And the only reason why they've been caught is because I found out they've abducted my sister and her friend that have both been adopted by me."

"Wow. So where should they be taken." Helping him put them in his backseat I tell him, "They'll be handled by the Federal Bureau of Investigation." Understanding he locks the back doors. "I'm proud of you Honey keep it up."

Smiling I wave him bye while he pulls out of the parking lot of the area. Thankfully I no longer have to deal with this. Getting into the car I shut the door and pull on my seat belt. Starting the car I tell everyone to buckle in.

Doing this the men stay quiet and the girls both place a hand on each of my shoulders as an 'we'll be fine' gesture. Squeezing their hands I calm down completely and begin driving home. The drive lasted for about 45 minutes of complete silence as the girls were asleep from exhaustion.

Once I pulled into the gates I telekinetically shut them behind me. Getting to my parking spaces I park between my other cars. Getting out the car I wake the girls asking them to clean themselves up and to go to bed as they won't need to go to school the next day. Listening they go up to their rooms and handle their business.

As the guys got out the car I told them to wait in the living room until I get back to them. Heading in they sit and I quickly change into something that isn't burned after washing off the soot.

Stars outfit (below)

Clean and changed into my sleep wear I go down ready to tell them everything

Clean and changed into my sleep wear I go down ready to tell them everything. As I stepped into the room I noticed the awkward atmosphere. Continuing in I sit across of them waiting for either of them to speak.

"Not to hurry you but I need to know everything that has to do with you, from the beginning." Rolling my eyes at Gavins kindly words I say, "You have to be specific." As I say this he scoffs playfully. "Everything we didn't know before todays events."

Nodding my head I begin, "When I was 17 my younger brother and I were abducted by a drug cartel to be test subjects for a new drug on the market 8 years ago. We were there pumped full of drugs everyday for 2 months straight. As that happened I was raped every other day while my brother was unconscious by another man. He took some thing I wanted to share with someone I loved but now its gone forcibly."

Pausing I then continue my life's events, "One day we were taken to the testing area but it wasn't like routine. The boss of the operation ordered them to give us a whole supply intending to kill us. At the same time they did it for the both of us. It killed my brother but it didn't kill me. Instead it changed me into something that shouldn't be possible."

"Everyday for a year I blamed myself, but I vowed to avenge my brother when I realized it was the boss's fault he killed Orion. And he payed for it the other day. Oh and I met Gavin when I used to be a dancer for a unique club for talent. Also I own Orion Enterprises and my real name is Astrea Lambros the name Star is an alias I use normally and Andre Lam is a business alias I use."

Looking at me they don't even bat an eyelash, waving my hand across their faces I am met with no movements. Wanting to snap them out of it I create a large flame in my hands. Doing what I expected they both recoiled from the sudden fire.

Remembering one last detail I add it in, "I forgot to clear the air the main reason why I was working undercover in the school. It was because we got an anonymous tip that there were dealers and users going around the school spreading the harmful substance. All I was doing was gathering information to do the arrests and trying to get more information from that little pervert Milo."

"He just kept trying to get in my pants and that made me want to kill him. Every time he tried to sleep with me I had to knock him out and make it look like we did it. I like older men and he is a child to me every kiss disgusted me." Making sure James heard what I said I told the truth.

"So you haven't lied?" James questions me slowly. "I haven't lied about anything. I don't like to lie unless its for the job but I assure you, I haven't." He looks at me now with a hopeful look. Turning away from him I tell them, "If you want time to process everything take all the time you need then contact me when feel ready."

Accepting my offer they get up to leave. Following after them I lock the door after getting 2 hugs one of which surprised me.

Deciding to sleep on the couch next to the girls rooms I grab a blanket for myself and lay down. They could be getting nightmares and I'll be right here just incase they need me. Getting a work file I look over it before I decide to sleep earlier just incase they wake up from night terrors in the middle of the night.

They'll need to take some time to be okay.