Chapter 14: Play Along

-Monday-

Star's outfit above.

Heading towards the school I put on my glasses since I'm feeling a little lazy to keep focusing on my eye color. Walking into the cafeteria I notice its a different lunch hour that I haven't visited yet.

Looking around I notice a lot of faces I have seen in the senior classes, taking that into account I look around and search for Milo.

Spotting him sitting on a table at the center of the cafe I go and approach him. Not facing me he continues his phone conversation, using my hearing I listen into what he's saying.

"Yeah I get it uncle Marcus. 'Keep offering the supply until its empty', I've been doing this for a while you don't need to keep reminding me. Yes. Understood."

Standing right behind him I turn off my heightened hearing, leaning down I press my chest against his back. Tensing at the touch I then speak making him recognize who I am, "Hello Mr. Milo Harris. Miss me?"

Turning like the speed of lightning at the sound of my voice I am taken back by his excitement. Now facing me he pulls me on his lap turning back to the table facing his group of dealers. But he doesn't know I know that, getting comfortable I lean back on his chest.

Wrapping his arms around my waist he rests his head on my shoulder whispering into my ear, "Where'd you go I looked for you." Laughing at this I reply, "I had work to do. Did you forget I'm not your age."

At my words he nods and speaking saying one syllable, "oh." Looking up I notice the amount of eyes on us. Getting annoyed I asked, "What. You have something to day."

Snapping their heads away the whole cafe resumes their conversations, some speaking in hushed voices talking about me and Milo. Wiggling out of his hold he lets go reluctantly allowing me to sit beside him as he keeps his hand on my thigh.

Warning him I say, "If you want to keep your hand I suggest you remove it off me love." With an innocent look I show him a smile. After a few moments he lets go not wanting to irritate me, pretending to have my attention on my phone I listen in to his conversation.

One of the other kids says something that makes me listen carefully, "Hey bro Milo guess what I heard from one of the lab workers when I picked up my new supply."

Feeling Milo glance my way I make it look like I saw something that made me widen my eyes and say to myself, "No way, I've been looking for these." Looking away from me he questions like he doesn't care, "what did you hear this time Hugh, don't waste my time."

Nodding he continues, "So apparently some of the old workers are recovering from something that happened close to 7 or 8 years ago." Still listening I swipe my phone recording the conversation. "And they said that it was an explosion that ruined everything that the boss needed for transferring the new hybrid product at the time."

Sounding all to familiar my body tenses, thankfully no one notices. Confirming my thoughts of what he is talking about another boy urges him to continue in curiosity. "Yeah and that was after he gave out the orders to overdose some teens after they finished testing on them for 2 months or so."

In disbelief they say, "No way man. Are you sure? Did they actually die?" At their questions Hugh says, "Don't ask me that's all I heard but Max said Milo's uncle was there at the time." Snapping their heads to the boy in question they wait. 

Moving my gaze towards Milo slightly I see him shrug his shoulders. Hearing his voice he says, "I have no idea guys. I was told we don't kill anyone but I'll ask." "Thanks man, I want to know and let your uncle Mark we say 'hi' from the junior group." Nodding he pulls his phone back out, turning my head towards my phone I keep listening.

After the third ring a voice I never thought I'd hear again answers, "Hello. Milo? What do you need kiddo I'm with the boss." Milo then speaks, " Hey uncle Mark, Hugh heard something at the base I just wanted to know if he's right." "Go ahead and ask quickly I'm needed." 

Asking the question Milo says, "He said he heard a lab worker say some are still recovering from an explosion that occurred after having to overdose two teens and it just so happens that you were there. They want to know if it actually happened so is it true? Are they really dead?" 

As I listen in, my eyes begin to burn red as my body heats up. Mark speaks gritting, "who'd you guys hear this from. Give me the name." Mouthing the question to Hugh he answers, "He said it was someone named Max. But you didn't answer my questi- 

Hanging up the phone after hearing the answer he cuts Milo off. Hearing a phone notification go off Milo begins passing around his phone as he shows the message he got. Using my vision I see the message that gets me angrier.

The boy died. 

The girl we don't know. 

They both disappeared that day after we all got knocked out by they explosion.

When we awoke all we heard was sirens, some one called the police.

Most of the others were arrested but the rest ran before we got taken.

Bringing back memories I get flashes of my time there. Calming myself I bring my temperature down cooling my body. Thankfully my glasses prevents others from seeing my eye color.

Feeling a hand on my shoulder I turn to the owner of the hand. Seeing Milo's face I am told that he'll be heading out before he goes to class. Nodding to him I get up with him, surprising me he pulls me into a long kiss in front all of the students and staff.

Going along with it I pull away placing a smile on my face, whispering in his ear I say, "I'll see you when I see you." Nodding at my words he exits the cafeteria, as he leaves with his group I am approached by a student. Having already stopped the recording I begin turning as I wait for the boy to speak.

"I just wanted to say you did amazing that day during culture week Miss. Oh and are you dating Milo Harris." Thanking him I say, "thank you so much. Oh me and Milo, I don't do labels when I don't think it'll be going anywhere." Nodding he then takes his leave motioning his lips are sealed.

Chuckling I walk out not knowing the whole time I was there James was watching the whole ordeal from when I walked in until the kiss. Having already walked out heartbroken he didn't hear what I said to the other student.

Getting into my car I drive home as fast as I can to let out all the built up anger for when I get to the training grounds at home. Arriving I quickly teleport into the training grounds and blow my gasket bursting into flames and screaming at the top of my lungs.

How Star looks (below)

Having hearing what I heard from someone unexpected brought out more anger that I knew I already felt

Having hearing what I heard from someone unexpected brought out more anger that I knew I already felt. Reminding me of everything I continue until I'm no longer feeling like I need to blow up again.

Calming down I think to myself I'll have to speed up what I have planned and do everything that I promised to do to the people responsible for what happened. 

I'll have to follow him for the week and find the base he was talking about.