Chapter 25: Tell Me

-Tuesday-

It has been a week since the school was fully informed that prom will continue as it should have. Now I am waiting on the decorating committee as Gavin texted me that they'll be starting with the decorations today. Only he told me he wouldn't be able to supervise due to a family emergency so someone took his place.

But who?

Since it was after school hours the girls decided to help out along with preparing refreshments for the guests. Selene told me they'll be fine fixing up snacks and that I should wait incase someone was at the door. Nodding in agreement I head to the living room.

Before I can sit on the couch the doorbell was rung. Halting my movements I change my direction and approach the door. Opening it I see about 30 students standing at my door with supplies in their hands and their faces holding amazement.

Allowing them in they all look around the house eyes wide as saucers, but once they look at me they look a little more amazed. Following their line of vision I realize I need to put away the things strapped to my body. I've come home from work about an hour ago and forgot to change from my work attire for an important job, thankfully no casualties.

What she was wearing (below) just imagine the large gun isn't there

Just as they were all looking at me in amazement the last person walked into my house whom I assume is the one to supervise the students

Just as they were all looking at me in amazement the last person walked into my house whom I assume is the one to supervise the students. Turning to their direction I am met with Raphael James. Closing the door after him I first guide them all to the ballroom.

As we walk the halls all that is heard is the sound of the heavy equipment strapped upon my body. As it was already awkward he is here again, the students were busy ogling the house leaving us in silence.

A moment later we arrive and I open the double doors at the top of the stairs of the ballroom. Noticing how big it is they all gasp at the beauty of it in natural light. But once realizing it is so big one student speaks, "I love the place but this will take all week."

Laughing at his words I say, "How about I help out after I change and then if we get enough done today we can relax later. Maybe watch a movie until you need to be home." At my proposition they all agree hopeful. Nodding I leave the room trusting them.

As I walk I hear a pair of footsteps follow after me. Continuing to walk I ignore this person already knowing who they were until I feel a hand pulling my wrist gently. "Wai-" Turning around abruptly I nearly loose my composure, "What? What is it you need Principal James?"

Hearing my emotionless tone he flinches slightly feeling hurt. Still adamant he continues, "I swear to you Star what you saw that day was nothing. It was a misunderstanding. Please don't shut me out."

Looking into his eyes I say flatly, "You don't have to explain yourself Principal James. What you do on your free time has no effect on me. And I am not shutting you out sir I am being professional."