十四| 14

❝𝙎𝙝𝙖𝙢𝙚❞

❝𝙎𝙝𝙖𝙢𝙚❞

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬. Some were sleeping, others were eating but everyone was trying to cope in their own way.

Y/n was sat in her strangely empty room. Usually, her room would be loud with the sounds of Sasha sneaking Connie but it was pin-drop silence.

And it was a painful silence.

There was nothing to distract Y/n from her newly induced trauma, it was able to taunt her without interruption.

Pain. The only feeling that clouded her body and especially her mind. The reoccurring guilt consumed her once again as her head laid in her hands, once again.

It didn't take long for the tears to fall, as she reflected on her actions. Y/n was starting to make a larger impact on her mission but why did she feel so bad about it?

How could something positive feel so negative?

She knew her mother would commend her fight but Y/n couldn't feel the slightest bit positive after fighting with Annie.

'Every enemy you defeat brings you one step closer to victory, remember empathy only slows you down.'

The voice of her mother was loud in her head but it made herself feel even worse. Not only was she betraying a close friend, she was also defying her own mother.

Her house was a complete matriarchy, Y/n's mother always had the final say and opposing her mother was out of the question. She was the pillar of the house and Serilda always made sure things went her way.

Now was no time to start passing the blame, Y/n knew it was her fault since she was the one to go out of her way to harm her friend.

Y/n got up and was greeted by a mirror but she didn't recognise the person standing before her.

The girl before her was a lot different, she was a emotionless killer with a grey moral compass which contrasted with the Y/n she thought she knew who was a compassionate and a morally strong friend.

They were both staring at each other, remaining stationary as the gazed into the different eyes. One were a pair of bright e/c eyes while the other one were dull.

Without warnings, Y/n punched the mirror with overwhelming force as the item shattered and fell to the ground but Y/n's anger didn't stop there.

She relentlessly punched the shards until they turned to dust which was then mixed with her blood. Y/n didn't stop until she couldn't see her reflection.

The person Y/n saw angered her but mostly it scared her to death, she feared that it was a glimpse into the future of who she will become.

Y/n stopped as the tears initiated once again, they mixed with the fallen blood and the shattered glass. Once again, Y/n was simply overwhelmed with the situation. Well, how the hell was she meant to prepare for something like this?

With a deep sigh, Y/n picked herself up and locked the door so she didn't have a repeat of Trost. While her hand healed, Y/n cleaned up the mess with a dustpan and brush she had in case Sasha made a mess.

Once she completed the simple task, Y/n stepped into the bathroom and started to wash her face.

In a way she was cleansing herself of that experience but this time she wasn't bothered with 'this is for Eldia' crap. Y/n was starting to realise that the statement was an scapegoat but nonetheless, she still relied on the phrase.

Y/n's face was damp as water still dropped but she looked into the other mirror with a motivation to avoid the person she saw in the mirror.

She then dried her face but Y/n was surprised at the sound of a knock. Quickly she unlocked the door and opened it, to see the face of a superior Scout.

"You'll be leaving to accompany squad Miche and other into Wall Rose." They said and Y/n began to follow her, confused at the sudden rush.

"Do I not need my gear, ma'am?" Y/n asked but the lady shook her head.

She followed her superior towards the stables where she found a group of her friends.

"Hey Y/n!" Sasha called out to the said girl who made her way over.

"Where were you?" She asked as she accepted Sasha's side hug.

"I was in medical 'cause of a cut but I'm all healed now!" Sasha said as she showed Y/n her bandages arm.

"So do you know where we are going?" Y/n asked.

"Wall Rose." Connie replied, which wasn't the information Y/n was looking for.

"Really? I never knew that." Y/n said, her voice laced with sarcasm.

"I know, what would you do without me?" Connie said, ignorant to his friend's sarcasm and Y/n could only shake her head in reply.

"Get on your horses, we're heading out!"

With that everyone mounted their horses and rode off into the horizon, unaware of what is to come.

↤↤↤↤↤★★↦↦↦↦↦