二十四| 24

❝𝘿𝙚𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙙 ❞

❝𝘿𝙚𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙙 ❞

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐲 𝐚𝐭𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞.

For the past few hours, the 104th were running on pure adrenaline but now it was wearing off and reality was sinking in.

The silence was thick as each member mourned for their departed friends. Sasha and Connie were oddly quiet simply because they found it hard to make jokes without you there. Mikasa felt like she lost a sister since during their training, you would often workout together, which allowed a strong but now shattered bond to form.

Poor Maila lost her person. Her rock. Her everything. You was the first to acknowledge and actually listen to Maila, even when she was talking continuously. You took her seriously and for that you would always have Maila's sincere gratitude but she just wished she could share it with you now but you were probably in a world she couldn't even imagine.

Tear welded in her green eyes as Maila came to the realisation that you did end up like her Uncle Ronny. Kidnapped by a cult from the Underground and never heard from again. Through all that, she did hold hope. Hope that you'd appear from no where with one of your corny excuses but the more thought she put into it, the less likely it was appearing to be.

The carriage stopped and everyone exited, with silence consuming the atmosphere. They all went in their own directions with only a few mumbles between the group.

»«

The loud knocks brought Maila out of her slumber. It had only been a day since it happened and she had spent all of it in bed, reflecting on the happy memories of you.

From the times where you, Maila and Sasha tried to steal from Shadis, pranking/mocking Connie or even cheering you on during training then laughing when you became flustered from the attention.

She got up and was greeted by her superior, who order to to get changed as the Survey Corps wished to speak with her. With a small nod, Maila retreated back into her room and made herself look somewhat presentable before following her Captain down the long halls.