十六| 16

❝𝙎𝙪𝙧𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙨❞

❝𝙎𝙪𝙧𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙨❞

Around the table was a seemingly normal family eating a mediocre beef stew.

However the family was far from normal, each party held deep secrets but the matriarch had the most.

It was silent until the Y/n spoke up, "Mother, how come you never go out with me or Father?"

Serilda was taken back by the sudden question. No one in the house questioned her so the suddenness of the question took her by surprise..

"Because of my job I can't be seen around in public a lot because it might up you in danger." She replied, ruffling the girls hair.

"Why? What do you do that is so dangerous you can't be around your family publicly?" Y/n innocently asked.

"I work in the military dear which means I can meet some real nasty enemies that would hurt you to hurt me." At those words Y/n's eyes sparkled with curiosity and excitement.

"You work in the military! What do you do there? What's your rank? Have you explored all of Marley? What's-" Her list of questions was cut short by the sound of laughter. She looked at her father confused on why he was laughing.

"Goodness Y/n calm down, your mother can only answer so many questions at a time."

"Well, it's about time I told you, so to answer your questions I train soldiers, I'm a general and yes I've been all around Marley but for wars not sight-seeing."

"Why didn't you tell me your job was better than Father's job?"

"Hey! My job is still cool!" However, Lyle's protests fell on deaf ears.

"But you teach people but mother  fights people, which sounds a lot better." She replied with a grin.

"I didn't expect you to be this excited at the news Y/n." Serilda admitted, while letting out an airy chuckle.