二十二| 22

❝𝘾𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙣❞

❝𝘾𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙣❞

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬 𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐮𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐲, as time was of the essence. If they didn't reach the traitors before sunset then they will loose there keys to unlocking the secrets of humanity.

Unfortunately, Reiner and Berthold already noticed them and Eren, Y/n and Ymir watched carefully as they devised their next course of action.

"Oi, pass me that knife if you've still got it." Ymir whispered, successfully not gaining Eren nor the warrior's attention.

Y/n dug her hands into her trouser pocket, rummaging around a short while before pulling out her beloved blade.

"Be careful with it." She simply stated, as Ymir only nodded in reply and hid the dagger.

After they had finished their chat, they came down to the branch the other were sat on.

"I thought we were leaving at night?" Y/n questioned, observing Reiner.

"We had a change of plans." He said before looking to Eren.

"Don't try to resist."

"Look at the shape I'm in, does it look like I could resist? Please give me a break..." Eren replied with a suspiciously light tone.

But it didn't take long for him to tackle Reiner to the ground, as he started punching him with his nubs while chanting 'die'.

While Butthold was chatting to Ymir and Reiner was strangling a defiant Eren, Y/n was left with her overwhelming thoughts.

Y/n knew if the traitors succeed then she will die and in her death she will leave humanity to fight an unknowing war between those across the sea. She would've failed her mission before it really started. Life was beginning to appear like a circle but Y/n could only bare it for so long, as each time round tore away at her sanity.

Though now she couldn't do nothing but soldier on through her pain as it was now blatantly obvious that the world couldn't care less for her and that was the attitude she would have to adopt if she wanted to survive.

Ymir was confused on why they were preparing their departure but then she saw it.

The green flares, rapidly approaching.

More importantly, she knew amongst the flares, was Christa Lenz.

Y/n's melancholy thoughts were stopped when she heard the shouts of Ymir.

"Reiner! Christa is amongst them, this is our chance to take her!"

Following her gaze, Y/n looked through the thick branches and noticed the collection of green and red flares.

Her eyes gleamed, for a small moment, with the arrival of her comrades. She hoped that they could rescue them, so she would be able to spill the secrets she harboured for so long. So, for once, she could have a clean conscious.

"We can't do anything now, we will come back for her!" Reiner replied, leaving Ymir in a state of shock.

"I can't trust you! If we go back for Christa then I'll trust you." She shouted back as Reiner restrained an unconscious Eren with rope.

Suddenly, he heard the groans of pain and shock from Birthhold. He looked to see Ymir holding his friend in a chokehold.

"If you don't agree to go back for Christa right now, I'll transform and melt your friend and maybe I'll let take back Y/n and Eren to the Souts, if I'm feeling it." Ymir threated, as the blade sat on the flesh of her hand.

Reiner looked shocked, no beyond that. He was scared and confused, which is a dangerous mix of emotions.

"We can't help her like this, don't you care about her future?" He yelled.

"I want to see her one more time, even if it means I ruin her future. If I'm going to die, then I at least want to be able to see her one more time!"

"I've already got a plan, I'll stay and fight so you should be able to get away quicker and easier." Ymir added on.

Reluctantly, Reiner agreed and Ymir freed Bvertold.

Attaching a quiet Y/n onto his back, Burnthold and Reiner continued their journey while Ymir transformed.

The bolt of lightning that followed her transformation didn't go unnoticed by the Scouts, however the threat of the titans in front of them slowed them down but it didn't stop them.

It didn't take long for Ymir to return to the warriors and the abductees, which gave Reiner the sign to transform.

The spark of lightning fell from the heavens, as the armoured titan materialised. With that, Bertolt ,who was carrying Eren now as well as Y/n, jumped on his shoulder while Ymir hopped on his back.

Unfortunately, the Scouts watched in horror as their comrades ran further and further out of their grasp.

"Chase after them on horseback!"

↤↤↤↤↤★★↦↦↦↦↦